EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

On 20/10/2017 at 19:01, Davidmarrio said:

Can't believe I'm relying on Joselu up front this week just because I'm not sure if Morata is going to be fit or not. 

Your midfield smashed it this week though. 

We're currently tied on 44 points each at the moment. I'm pretty sure some bonus points get thrown around though, which means you'll just about beat me this week :(

On 22/10/2017 at 19:34, Baddar said:

My team won despite no Kante or Pogba! Gonna take a dicking from David's side next week, who I originally thought I was matched against this time when I saw the fixtures. Thought I'd beaten him by a point for a moment!

Ironic considering your team name.

I won this week thanks to Kane and Ramsey on Sunday :D

This past week saw a gap open up at the top, as I myself triumphed over @MadJack thanks largely to the Sunday heroics of Harry Kane and Aaron Ramsey. It was a 44-32 win in the end, with Kane plundering a league-leading 16 points owing to his brace against Liverpool, although he was injured in the process. I originally left Ramsey on the bench, but with Sterling rested by City and King injured up top for Bournemouth, Ramsey got off the bench to hit a decisive 12 points. Matt Ritchie got another assist for Newcastle to earn 6 points, but it was a sparse week behind them with three of my four defenders failing to register a single point. Sam falls back to the bottom of the table with the defeat, his top scorers coming courtesy of Shinji Okazaki's 9 point haul, whilst the midfield duo of Aaron Mooy and Bernardo Silva bagged 7 and 6 points respectively. Second week running also that Sam lost points on his goalie selection, failing to find faith in Jonas Lossl as his 5 points were squandered for the meagre 1 earned by Watford's Gomes.

@Loz is up into 2nd in the table after what was only the second draw of the season in the whole league, 46-46 against @Davidmarrio. Decent performances all round here as Riyad Mahrez top scored for Ben's team with 10, Dele Alli earned 9 whilst Sergio Aguero bagged 7 points. Vertonghen in the back line also got a healthy 5 point haul, with no points left on the bench. That's a relief for Loz, but opponent David paid the price for poor team selection in a big way as all four of his subs would have been able to win him the match on their own if selected. A great midfield showing earned the point - both Alexis Sanchez & Leroy Sane earned 12 points, whilst Mo Salah bagged 7, Eden Hazard 5 and defender Cedric chipping in with 6 points - but Matip scored 0 in the team whilst Newcastle's captain Jamal Lascelles left his 6 points on the bench, and even the selection of one more striker over Matip would have won the game too. Javier Hernandez and Joselu both got 1 point, usually not anything to shout about but would have been the difference here. Not to rub it in, but even sub goalkeper Joe Hart earned 1 point whereas first choice Simon Mignolet got zero. A harsh lesson for Dave but a point nonetheless keeps him in 6th spot.

@Jimmy falls to 3rd place then after losing to @Baddar, who earns his first win in quite a few weeks by a 47-35 scoreline. No Pogba? No Kante? No problem as Michy Batshuayi secured a cool 12 points that made the literal difference in this fixture. It was a red-letter day for the strikers all round as Marcus Rashford bagged 7 points and Lacazette a nice 6-point haul himself, the same tally as goalkeeper Ederson and England defensive duo John Stones & Ryan Bertrand. No points left on the bench due to those aforementioned injuries, although selection headaches may come in now with Rashford potentially out of United's clash with Spurs this weekend. Speaking of Spurs, Jimmy's Spursy got the short end of Athletic Dildao here and that is largely down to the fact that several players had decent weeks but nobody particularly stood out here. Three players earned the team's maximum of 6 points - Man City duo Kevin De Bruyne and Kyle Walker, and Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier - but other than substitute Choupo-Moting, earning 5, nobody else troubled the leaderboards.

The narrowest of margins saw @Moses Julep back off the foot of the standings, 47-46 against @hugobomb who has fallen 8 points off the top now despite being close to going into 1st only a week earlier. Well done to Moses for winning this one as he committed the biggest selection sin of the season so far, leaving Mesut Ozil on the bench for the loss of 13 points would you believe, far more than any other player who did get into the starting XI. Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure and Saints defender Maya Yoshida top scored with 8 points apiece, Pascal Gross & Wayne Rooney got 6 each and Granit Xhaka earned 5, with goalkeeper Hugo Lloris earning 4, but it could have been such a different story because if Huw had only selected Gylfi Sigurdsson in place of Juan Mata, he would have done enough to earn a draw and make Moses sorely regret leaving out Ozil. As it happened, he didn't, but his top scorer alone posted a higher tally than any other player this week except for Harry Kane, with Nicolas Otamendi getting a highly impressive score of 15 points in defence. Futile yes, but a great week for the defenders as Cesar Azplicueta and Nacho Monreal both bagged 5 points behind him too.

1. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 21pts (+402)

2. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 16pts (+399)

3. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 15pts (+415)

4. THE BOMBERS (Huw) - 13pts (+414)

5. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 12pts (+396)

6. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (David) - 10pts (+377)

7. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 10pts (+321)

8. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 9pts (+308)

Top four all face each other this week, I'm up against Jimmy, Loz takes on Huw. Then we have Baddar against Dave and Moses against Sam in a battle of the bottom two. I've just realised as well that I'm still down £10 off someone, who is it? Jimmy? Can't even remember but whomever it is remember you aren't eligible for the prize money until you pay in :P

On a personal note for my own team, no Kane this week and probably no King means I might have to dip into free agency for a striker, if there's anyone half decent or else I might be a bit rudderless! Also, I can't quite get over Moses leaving Ozil on the bench and still managing to edge a win! That would have been gutting if Huw had earned just a couple more points to really punish the error.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Yeah, it's me - have been shy on income recently so putting it off for a bit still, if that's okay? Was under the impression there was no real rush? 

Yeah, no problem mate so long as I don't forget past the end of the season :lol: . Just keep me posted, I'm not going to be round your house forcibly extracting a tenner from you.

Just seen that I'm without Coutinho as well this weekend, oh dear. Expect a routine win Jimmy!

• Haha 1