EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

Okay so I've been slack the last few weeks. I'm blaming the midweek rounds causing shorter turnarounds between Gameweeks, not helped by this midweek or the upcoming Christmas run of games!

There is now a clear top 3 in the table after my own 5 game winning streak continued despite my worst scoring week since #11. I edged out @MadJack 35-30, this following two colossal victories - 65-34 against @hugobomb and an incredible 79-65 win over a desperately unlucky @Moses Julep, who i believe had the Rooney hat trick that week.

@Davidmarrio has also won each of his last 3 games an is now in 2nd spot, just ahead of @Jimmy who won two of three, losing an agonising battle a couple of weeks ago to ave 53-52 to relinquish 2nd spot. Jimmy would've won that game as well if he hadn't left Defoe as his third sub, unused with 4 points when both starting strikers scored only 2 each. Still though, it is these three that sit in contention for the title as we head to the halfway mark of the season.

@Loz is in 4th spot having earned 4 points in three games, with Huw sitting right behind him having earned the same number of points. The amount of draws we're seeing has surprised me I have to say. Loz has beaten Sam, drawn with @Baddar and lost to in-form David, whilst Huw beat Baddar, lost to myself and drew with Moses.

Those draws are unfortunately the only points earned in this run of games by both Baddar and Moses, although Baddar unluckily lost by only 2 points to Jimmy this past weekend. Moses has no less than three draws in six games now, bizarre, and can count himself mightily unlucky to have lost by only 4 to Jimmy (who is gaining a penchant for close battles) and to have lost to me when earning 65 points, enough to beat every other player that week. Sam has lost three in a row, but I can't stress enough how different things could be with more than half the season still to go. There's every possibility that he, or anyone, could still end up finishing in 1st place.

Here is the table:

1. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 39pts (+760)

2. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (Dave) - 31pts (+782)

3. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 30pts (+675)

4. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 21pts (+646)

5. THE BOMBERS (Huw) - 20pts (+704)

6. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 17pts (+614)

7. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 16pts (+591)

8. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 12pts (+530)

There is another midweek set starting tonight, deadline for squads is in 3 and a half hours at 6:45pm GMT.

In addition to the cash prize for winning the league, which stands at £80 with £40 of that fund going to the board as a donation for the upkeep of this wonderful community, I am considering additional consolation prizes to keep things interesting late in the season if some players are perhaps out of the running for the title but still need motivation to keep involved. I know how notorious Fantasy League is for folks dropping off in interest, even when money is at stake. These consolations I'm not sure of yet, probably won't be monetary but could be donation packages or hell, maybe a little gift of some sort. I'm open to suggestions and will think on it over the next few weeks. Let me know!

Now, to tinker with my squad ahead of back-to-back fixtures against my two nearest rivals this week...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Top 2 battle between me and @Davidmarrio is going right down to the wire with the Liverpool players.

You should win. Unless Mignolet ends up making a ton of saves, Salah gets some goals or assists and Firmino/Coutinho don't get involved in any goals.

Only got two points to come off the bench (Joselu for injured Matip) 

Gutted as well as Matthew Ryan got 11 points and he's on the bench. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who looks at my team for this week will have a question.

The answer is yes, I am hoping the two west ham players and Eric Dier have a big performance in one of the two games they play this game week:P

Plus no Coutinho for @Adam and Kane maybe not starting at least one of those games means I might inflict a rare defeat on him.

• Like 1

I'm in a bit of bother thanks to Liverpool in terms of my squad. Coutinho is off so I'm going to be down one top midfielder unless I nab whoever they sign to replace him, and if Firmino gets a ban over the Holgate incident I'm temporarily down another big scoring forward. Kane's loss has cost me the last few games for sure.

I'll try and do another update over the next couple of days by the way, all the constant matches over Christmas hasn't helped. I even forgot the deadline for the last set of games!

On 1/13/2018 at 13:03, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

Had to replace Coutinho today, so I've gone for Oxlade-Chamberlain in the hope he actually replaces Coutinho for now, although I'll kick myself if Ramsey starts as I've left him on the bench since he's coming back from injury.

This has worked out spectacularly!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the way the waivers work.

Basically anyone I wanted I didn't get so I'm stuck with an injured Sane and a front free of an injured Morata and fucking Benteke and Joselu.... Oh and I couldn't get Laporte either... 

• Like 1