EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

It may have been two whole months since I last did an update (I know, I know) but the gap between 1st and 2nd remains exactly the same. In 11 games since the last update in mid-December, both myself and @DMo Salah have earned 9 wins and 2 defeats, both defeating each other once in that time. @Jimmy has earned 5 wins in that time so has slid away from just a point behind Dave to being a daunting 13 points back, but still maintains a 4 point gap to @hugobomb in 4th. Hugo has earned 21 points in that time which is impressive, he is also the only other person to beat the top two in that time! @Loz has slipped one place in all that time to 5th, earning 15 points, whilst @Moses Julep has earned 12 points in that time, 4 wins moving him up to 6th spot. @MadJack has indeed pulled clear of the bottom, earning 13 points to move 7 clear of last place and within touching distance of 6th, whilst @Baddar has the ignominy of having earned only one solitary point in all that time, suffering 10 defeats! He is well adrift at the bottom but still has time to claw back some pride.

Table is as follows:

1. BAINES & NOBLE (Adam) - 66pts (+1320)

2. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP (David) - 58pts (+1347)

3. SPURSY (Jimmy) - 45pts (+1147)

4. THE BOMBERS (Huw) - 41pts (+1172)

5. TOP OF THE KLOPPS (Loz) - 36pts (+1108)

6. COOP FLEW THE COOP (Moses) - 28pts (+970)

7. #POGBANTS (Sam) - 25pts (+924)

8. ATHLETIC DILDAO (Baddar) - 18pts (+907)

Baddar hasn't won since Gameweek 11, earning 3 draws and suffering 13 defeats in that time :({):. It looks like a two-horse race for the money but behind that 3rd is well up for grabs and the battle to stay off the bottom and avoid the wooden spoon is also still at least a three-way contest.

You've got another week to submit waiver requests by the way due to the F.A. Cup break this weekend, and I am still considering additional prizes below the winner's podium so keep competing! It's been a fun ride so far.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

David Silva is a bellend <_<

Tbf if Cech wasn't on the bench I would have been beat anyway.

I need Morata to start scoring again. Fortunately Kane getting injured is a big boost and Salah shouldn't get marked out the game like he did on Saturday again

Due to the truncated fixture list this weekend, one of the scores was 7-2 :lol:. Well done to @hugobomb for that victory over @Loz that has cemented 3rd place. Got to feel for @Jimmy, who got the 3rd highest score overall but lost 40-19 to me as I top scored with 40 thanks to Big Cenk (on his debut for me) and Robertson.

Of course @DMo Salah is still maintaining that 5 point gap behind after an impressive win over bottom-placed @Baddar, 37-3. @MadJack meanwhile went clear of @Moses Julep in 6th with a 12-5 win. These are all good rugby scores!

7 games left, which I think means only the top 3 can now mathematically win the title and the money!

Oh, also we are at the point where everyone only has to play everyone else once more, and for me that starts with Dave in a big clash at the top next week!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Yep, I think I'm going to lose it after all this time on talk primarily because of injuries. Kane being the big one! Lost Ramsey, Haha and Sterling at various times of late too.

It helps that my midfield have generally won me most of my games this season. Drafting Salah, Sane and Son has done me wonders. Helps that Sanchez finally done something too this week <_<

Despite leaving Morata on the bench today hopefully him or Wood will smash it up front for the rest of the season seen as though Benteke couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Potentially big weekend in the title race as @DMo Salah looks like going down to @Jimmy, possibly leaving me 5 points clear with a handful of games to go.

Got screwed over by the FA Cup and the Bald Fraud not playing Sane... :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A narrow four point win for @DMo Salah keeps him in the title race heading into the last two games, but he must win both remaining matches and hope I lose both now. It's a double gameweek next week for many players so let's see how it shakes out!

Who else is still paying attention at this late stage? :P. @hugobomb @Jimmy @Baddar @MadJack @Moses Julep @Loz

• Like 1