EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hugobomb said:

It's looking like a shock defeat for @Adam es Tranquilo but can @DMo Salah grab a victory to sent the title fight to the final day? Also after a while of wanting @Adam es Tranquilo to lose, he can feel free to win on the last day because that helps me take 3rd😁

Yep defeat for me by the looks of it tonight, and I left two 8-point defenders on the bench in Rudiger and Steve Cook!

HOWEVER, it looks like an excellent week for @Loz is going to hand me the title anyway because @DMo Salah by my calculations will not earn enough points from his substitutions to overhaul him.

:o

So, the inaugural EWB Draft League came to its conclusion last Sunday and I am delighted to announce that the first ever winner is...me! I celebrated winning the title in the final midweek games with a victory over Jimmy on the final day to finish on 87 points, five clear of Dave on 82 who also won his last game and pushed me all the way in what was a fun race but one in which I did manage to keep my nose ahead. But the gap at one stage was much bigger than 5 points and indeed until that penultimate set of games it was down to 2 so a precarious finish awaited.

Huw secured 3rd place, winning himself on the final day to wrap it up and finish on 65 points, with Jimmy in the top half on 60. Loz was on his own island in 5th by the end, with 51 points, 7 ahead of Sam whose late season recovery saw him go up to 6th and in the end well clear in 6th on 44 points. Having been last for most of the season despite housing several key Man Utd players, Baddar moved up to 7th in the last couple of games to edge out Moses on 30 points, Moses earns the wooden spoon finishing with 29 appropriately finishing with a draw, his 5th of the season which seems a surprisingly high amount considering the reduced likelihood of finishing on the exact same score as your opponent from 11 players' points totals.

Final table is as follows:

1. BAINES & NOBLE ( @Adam es Tranquilo ) - W29, D0, L9, +1792 - 87pts

2. KINDERGARTEN KLOPP ( @DMo Salah ) - W27, D1, L10, +1854 - 82pts

3. THE BOMBERS ( @hugobomb ) - W21, D2, L15, +1711 - 65pts

4. SPURSY ( @Jimmy ) - W20, D0, L18, +1574 - 60pts

5. TOP OF THE KLOPPS ( @Loz ) - W16, D3, L19, +1521 - 51pts

6. #POGBANTS - ( @MadJack ) - W14, D2, L22, +1280 - 40pts

7. ATHLETIC DILDAO ( @Baddar ) - W9, D3, L26, +1309 - 30pts

8. COOP FLEW THE COOP ( @Moses Julep ) - W8, D5, L25, +1303 - 29pts

The quirk of doing 3 points for a win instead of the conventional Fantasy Football set-up meant I won the league despite scoring less overall points than Dave, and Sam finished above two people who both earned more overall points than him. Being able to draft Harry Kane made a big difference for me but I also drafted well with Firmino, Sterling, Maguire and Pickford all playing the entire season for me and all doing very well. Dave's key man of course was Mo Salah who had a season none of us expected, along with Sanchez, Sane and Hazard all delivering the goods. The January signing of Aubameyang to partner Lukaku must've worked well for Huw too.

So, once @Jimmy sends over his £10 the winnings will stand at £80. I intend to keep my own £10 along with £40 of the prize but I'm going to be using the other £30 to hand out some donations to the board on behalf of deserving people. I want to thank everyone who took part in this as it was a lot of fun to follow through the season, as I hope you all found too (those of you who did stick with it anyway!). I am happy to run it again next season if the interest is there, whether that be for money or not. So I guess that's it, let me know if you think you'll be interested but of course I won't start organising it until later in the summer after the World Cup.

doncaster_rovers_786070c.jpg

• Like 1