EWB-FPL Draft League 17/18

Adam

I have e-mailed the website to see if they have anything to say, for what good that'll do.

We can re-arrange for another night but yeah, will be tough I imagine to get everyone on together and have to hope it doesn't crash all over again. Unless all 8 of us are available I imagine we'd have to just accept wiping the slate clean and starting again from fresh since the draft order will be different and everything. I too was very pleased with the start I'd made.

Plus I'll have to create a completely new league, get you all to join it and everything. Words can't describe how fed up I am right now.

If we can all get on, I say we should all agree to go with the picks that were made in the first 5 rounds (I think...) before it shit itself. Like I say, I was happy with my team and others were too.

Earliest I'm able to do is probably Thursday though. :/

Might be tough for me this week as well. I'm off tomorrow, but other than that I'll be working until around 9pm. I like the idea of sticking with those we'd already drafted though. 

On the website, the draft has now completed so you can actually view your team along with your original Watchlist and such. We may be able to decipher everyone's original picks from that? But I have to say it will take some doing for us all to end up with the same 4/5 players we had at the stage it crashed originally.

We could also trade players around after the Draft if we don't quite manage to match them up again, if people think that's do-able?

A quick Twitter search tells me this has happened to a lot of people tonight, shit luck. Hopefully they give some response to the issues.

You're in luck since the site seemingly couldn't handle traffic and crashed for everyone.

I will look for some kind of response from the FPL tomorrow morning and then re-arrange another day to do it, if it's still possible since we only have a few days til the season starts. Otherwise I guess we'll have to just can the whole thing :unsure:

Right folks, here's my proposal to salvage this nightmare.

• We arrange a new league with a new draft (I can set all that up in 5 minutes).
  • We arrange to do the Draft one of the next four evenings that we have before the season starts.
  • We attempt to draft the first 4 players we each had before it crashed, so we put those players top of our respective watchlists and agree not to draft those on others lists

I think we were damn unlucky, it seems it crashed for most people due to server overload at the time it did for us, and never came back the rest of the night. If possible, I'd like to arrange it for slightly earlier, say 6 or 6.30pm one evening this week. Personally I'd prefer Wednesday but I'll pick whatever day and time suits the most of us. We were doing it with 5 of us active last night and it was working fine enough, so if we can get a day/time where at least 5 of us are available, and we all build up extensive watch lists again, I think it should be salvagable.

What say you, @Baddar @Titi Camara @Moses Julep @Loz @Jimmy @MadJack @hugobomb ?

I'm fine with that. I doubt that I'll be able to get on any evening this week - today's the only day I'm not working. I don't mind setting up a watch list once you've sorted a new league out, and let the site sort out my team for me. 

• Like 1

I might be able to get on Wednesday evening, but definitely not before that.

I'm cool to still go ahead if we can draft the same players we all started with - I know I had Lacazette, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ederson as my first four picks, and then it crashed just as I was about to pick Bailly as my 5th.

I will leave our original league up until we sort it, which means everyone can check who they had as their first four players. I know I had Kane, Coutinho, Butland and then drafted Firmino and Sterling in consecutive picks just before it crashed.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I had Cahill, Cech, Vertonghen, Aguero and maybe Mahrez. I can't remember if I was about to pick him, or if I managed to do so before the site went shit. He's in my team now, so I'm not sure. 

I'd be more than happy keeping the first four picks.