Any unpopular opinions on certain games?

fredmion

Yeah, Revenge was definitely the better game. That game was so much fun, probably the first truly great wrestling game I remember playing. Loved doing 60 man battle royals with falls count anywhere/no DQ rules. 

It was fun when you'd get eliminated and hope to get somebody cool next, but then you get Maya Inca Boy or Dake Ken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And then Sting dropping down from the rafter at #60. I remember one round a buddy of mine, the biggest Sting fan of the group, more or less eliminated himself seven or eight times in a row, because he kept thinking it was the last guy, which was always Sting. Finally another one of my friends was eliminated, and of course, he ended up being Sting. 

Man, sometimes I miss those 3 AM Revenge sessions. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Yeah, Revenge was definitely the better game. That game was so much fun, probably the first truly great wrestling game I remember playing. Loved doing 60 man battle royals with falls count anywhere/no DQ rules. 

It was fun when you'd get eliminated and hope to get somebody cool next, but then you get Maya Inca Boy or Dake Ken.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

And then Sting dropping down from the rafter at #60. I remember one round a buddy of mine, the biggest Sting fan of the group, more or less eliminated himself seven or eight times in a row, because he kept thinking it was the last guy, which was always Sting. Finally another one of my friends was eliminated, and of course, he ended up being Sting. 

Man, sometimes I miss those 3 AM Revenge sessions. 

Me and my friends used to get a case of beer and play No Mercy all night long

7 hours ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, Revenge was the better game, graphically/gameplay/and match type wise. But the omission of Flair did suck wee wees at the time.

I still play Revenge and No Mercy every so often. They're a blast to just pick up and play with a group of friends. No one gets confused as to what the hell is going on or how to do moves. So simple. 

My favourite bit about Wrestlemania/No Mercy was copying me and my mates CAW's onto the real wrestlers. They would replace all the stars in the intro and it was hilarious. Baron von Chunk coming out instead of The Undertaker.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but the main Pokemon games are starting to suffer a lot from the same formula and they desperately need to do something to shake it up.

They tried to change things in SuMo, but they tried to change the wrong things.

1 hour ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I gave up on The Last of Us after a couple of hours. It never gripped me. I also got bored with Red Dead Redemption, albeit near the end.

I loved the last bit of RDR myself, though it was definitely the weakest act, The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed aside.

The professor was one of my favorite characters, though.

Fallout and Elder Scrolls are average games. They have alright stories with mostly soulless interactions with 90% of the characters. They just pile on dozens of game mechanics that are fine but nothing amazing. The combat is okay. Crafting is okay. Leveling up is okay. But nothing is amazing. And the games are so limiting and generic.

• Like 1

I really don't care when an open world game talks about how big it is. "Biggest game ever." "This title comes with 80% more land than the last one" etc etc just makes me assume they've not filled that with anything, if all they're talking about is how big it is rather than how much there is to do in that world.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MDK said:

My favourite bit about Wrestlemania/No Mercy was copying me and my mates CAW's onto the real wrestlers. They would replace all the stars in the intro and it was hilarious. Baron von Chunk coming out instead of The Undertaker.

I bought my N64 off my mates 15 year old brother just before I went to uni (I assume he wanted beer money...), and the first time I loaded up Wrestlemania every character was a superheavyweight and quite a few were cross dressing. God bless the "default" button. 

9 hours ago, MadJack said:

I really don't care when an open world game talks about how big it is. "Biggest game ever." "This title comes with 80% more land than the last one" etc etc just makes me assume they've not filled that with anything, if all they're talking about is how big it is rather than how much there is to do in that world.

That's why I'm not overly impressed by those daft GTA6 rumours about multiple cities that you have to fly between. That's a whole lot of nothing.