The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

Cahill, Drinkwater, Barkley, Fabregas, Moses and Christensen count as six 'homegrown' (according to the dubious way in which such things are determined). 

We then have 16 foreign senior players (Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi, Alonso, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Kante, Bakayoko, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Morata, Batshuayi). The Premier League limit is 17 (i.e. 25 squad minus 8 HG). That leaves us with one free space should we need it.

(But then, it's kind of moot with regards to a new striker since the idea is that Batshuayi leaves as soon as we find one.)

5 minutes ago, stokerino said:

Cahill, Drinkwater, Barkley, Fabregas, Moses and Christensen count as six 'homegrown' (according to the dubious way in which such things are determined). 

We then have 16 foreign senior players (Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi, Alonso, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Kante, Bakayoko, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Morata, Batshuayi). The Premier League limit is 17 (i.e. 25 squad minus 8 HG). That leaves us with one free space should we need it.

(But then, it's kind of moot with regards to a new striker since the idea is that Batshuayi leaves as soon as we find one.)

Right, yeah. I went by the Premier League website's squad listing which didn't include Barkley and Drinkwater (and, upon reflection, inexplicably still included Remy).

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

Right, yeah. I went by the Premier League website's squad listing which didn't include Barkley and Drinkwater (and, upon reflection, inexplicably still included Remy).

It also still has Costa. ;) 

It's only 3 years before 21. Cesc signed for Arsenal at 16 and Christensen has been at Chelsea since he was 15, so he'd count as a 'home grown at club' player.