The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

9 minutes ago, stokerino said:

In fairness, this season has surely got to be moot regarding where he wishes to go. Turning up at City when they've virtually won the title without him isn't exactly the sort of thing to base a career-defining decision on. Once we get to 18/19, anything can happen.

It's our year?!?!?!?!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

At least you already changed your screen name a while ago :P

If Arsenal actually let their two best players join Man Utd for a pittance I believe Wenger should go into hiding and Arsenal should demote themselves to the National League.

We could do with an easy 3 points

• Like 2

I think we'll see players running down their contracts a lot more often in the future. Look at the examples we've got currently, Sanchez with a contract is easily a £100m player, or he can run down his contract, get sold for £30m and say to the team that are signing him 'You're saving £70m on my real value, I want £10-15m as a signing on fee. You're still getting a bargain'.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stardust Gazzenius said:

I think we'll see players running down their contracts a lot more often in the future. Look at the examples we've got currently, Sanchez with a contract is easily a £100m player, or he can run down his contract, get sold for £30m and say to the team that are signing him 'You're saving £70m on my real value, I want £10-15m as a signing on fee. You're still getting a bargain'.

This is another reason why I think the days of transfer fees, in the sense we know them as, are numbered.

30 minutes ago, stokerino said:

West Ham may have saved us from ourselves* by saying that they'll only consider a permanent transfer.

* - Please don't prove me wrong, Chelsea...

I cannot wait for next season with Big Sam in charge, Carroll leading the line and somehow Ivan Campo and Jay Jay Okocha also play for Chelsea.

• Like 1