The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The main reason van Persie left was as he didn’t agree with the way the club was moving forward, at the time I had bought into all this talk about us being able to compete once the stadium was paid for and thought van Persie could have shown more loyalty and seen it through. Now we are where we are, and I can see exactly why he made the decision to leave. 

This is pretty much the same for me. I was so pissed off that we stuck by him through all his many injuries and he has one injury free season that was amazing and he immediately fucks off to United. With hindsight maybe he was just ahead of the curve. I don't begrudge him, or Sanchez, Ox or even Nasri for leaving to improve their own careers and win trophies, I'm just frustrated that it never seems to happen at Arsenal. The recent FA cup wins have been amazing and I am grateful for each but man, I don't think we've ever been a million miles off the premier league title, squadwise. Injuries and bad tactics just plague us.

3 minutes ago, Kaney said:

This is pretty much the same for me. I was so pissed off that we stuck by him through all his many injuries and he has one injury free season that was amazing and he immediately fucks off to United. With hindsight maybe he was just ahead of the curve. I don't begrudge him, or Sanchez, Ox or even Nasri for leaving to improve their own careers and win trophies, I'm just frustrated that it never seems to happen at Arsenal. The recent FA cup wins have been amazing and I am grateful for each but man, I don't think we've ever been a million miles off the premier league title, squadwise. Injuries and bad tactics just plague us.

Exactly. Worst part was that he was proven completely right when he won the league at the first time of asking.

Sometimes you have to look at yourselves, and unfortunately we’re not at that place anymore where players believe they can flourish and have their best years here. We’re too stagnant and there’s not enough accountability. 

Look at Alex Iwobi. He will be another. With the right coaching, he could be an unbelievable player, but I just can’t see him improving enough under Wenger’s management now, and that makes me sad. 

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

Leeds United have confirmed that Cameron Borthwick-Jackson’s loan spell has been ended early and the left-back has returned to Manchester United. 

Good, can we get some compensation for having to pay the shit cunt for the last 6 months?

• Haha 1

Will miss Theo Walcott. People have been on his back for a while now, but this is a guy that still managed to score 19 goals in all competitions last season. Nothing to be sniffed at.

Always been the model professional whilst at Arsenal, hopefully he can hit the ground running and get a few goals at Everton. I am sure he will get a great reception when he comes back to the Emirates.

Now Arsene, reinvest that money pretty sharpish, we have a game on Saturday and we were already lacking offensive players.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing what Walcott can do. New lease of life hopefully, and will bring much needed balance to that midfield if Big Sam has any brains.

Just need a left sided defender now and we might be able to scrape a top 10 finish.