The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

Leeds United have agreed a fee in excess of £2m with Middlesbrough for midfielder Adam Forshaw, Sky Sports News understands. He is now set for a medical at Elland Road, which could be completed tomorrow. 

I mean we need a good midfielder, and I don't know much about this guy but he can't be worse than the dross we've got (Ronnie aside) but I really can't help but feel we should be looking for a striker... One that actually knows how to score.

• Admin

Looks like Jack Rodwell is doing a Bogarde: 

Jack Rodwell says he has no intention of ripping up his Sunderland contract and will only leave the club if a transfer can be arranged.

The three-time England international has not played in the Sky Bet Championship since September and has not made a senior appearance since Chris Coleman took charge at the Stadium of Light.

Sky Sports News understands Sunderland have offered to rip up Rodwell’s £70,000-a-week contract and allow him to leave the club for free, but Rodwell is not prepared to walk away from future earnings.

"I haven't put in a transfer request but I understand the club's stance and their position and, because of that, I understand it's beneficial for everyone if I move on,” he told the Daily Mail.

“But it's not the fault of any footballer if a club decides to pay you a certain amount."

I said the same when Portsmouth fans were whining that former players were still being paid the money the club owed them. At the end of the day if a club has agreed to pay someone X amount a week for Y number of years it doesn't stop being their right to be paid that money just because you've realised you're paying him far more money that he's worth/then you can afford.

• Like 5

Yep, Rodwell is perfectly entitled to do that, why wouldn't he? This way the club should endeavour to find him a transfer. He isn't going to be able to earn 70k a week again so why not ensure maximum income as long as you can. Sunderland won't go bankrupt just because of one player's wages.

Edited by Los IngobernAdam de Japon
  • Like 1

• Admin

Borussia Dortmund are furious with Arsene Wenger after he commented on a potential move for striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, reports Sky in Germany.

The Arsenal boss answered questions on the Gabon international, who has been tipped to replace Alexis Sanchez at the Emirates.

Wenger insisted the at times controversial Aubameyang would be suited to life at Arsenal, prompting an angry response from Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.

“We think it is disrespectful to talk like this about a player from another team,” he said. “There’s no contact with Arsenal.

“We assume that Mr. Wenger has enough concerns with the performance of his own players.”

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Haha 3