2018 EWB Fantasy Football Sign Ups and Junk

Maxx

15 hours ago, HC said:

I implemented FAAB bidding a few years back in b-league but everyone except me hated it so I changed it back then next season. :(

Fucking Arbitrary Ass-Backwards Waivers blows :(

The only way I like it is if you give an incentive for the lower performing teams some other way. The best suggestion i've heard for this is:

You have a 13 week season with 3 weeks of playoffs. Top 2 get a bye, 3rd and 4th get seeded into week 1 of playoffs to play 5 and 6 (Like the NFL season). The 5th seed goes to the highest scoring non-qualifying team (most points FOR - to account for the teams with bad luck that score well but run into hot opponents), and the 6th seed goes to the team who has not already qualified and scores the most points in Week 13. That way your best teams get in, and everyone still has a chance at playoffs all the way to the end.

But that may be too extreme a change to introduce without enough time to discuss it.

On 22/07/2018 at 06:31, Plubby said:

Fucking Arbitrary Ass-Backwards Waivers blows :(

The only way I like it is if you give an incentive for the lower performing teams some other way. The best suggestion i've heard for this is:

You have a 13 week season with 3 weeks of playoffs. Top 2 get a bye, 3rd and 4th get seeded into week 1 of playoffs to play 5 and 6 (Like the NFL season). The 5th seed goes to the highest scoring non-qualifying team (most points FOR - to account for the teams with bad luck that score well but run into hot opponents), and the 6th seed goes to the team who has not already qualified and scores the most points in Week 13. That way your best teams get in, and everyone still has a chance at playoffs all the way to the end.

But that may be too extreme a change to introduce without enough time to discuss it.

Not something Yahoo or any fantasy site that I know of, gives you that level of control over.

Since we're apparently sticking with just team defenses, they added a few new scoring categories.  4th down stops is one that I am implementing, not sure what point value to put it at yet though.  Feels like tackles for loss should be included too, maybe at 1 point per?  

Guess I should officially say I'm in in here.

And I'm part of another league that I started last year that actually turned out to be very interesting because the guy I planned it out with had stopped playing Fantasy due to similar free agency bullshit.

We started a league where you only have 2 bench spots. Yep. 2 bench spots. So teams look like this:
QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/RB
WR/TE
K
DEF

BENCH 1
BENCH 2

I'm not saying we have to go this drastic, but it did make things more interesting especially given that we would have no choice but to drop top players that got injured for extended periods or sacrifice a bench spot. Makes you draft smarter and more strategically.

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

4th down stops is one that I am implementing, not sure what point value to put it at yet though.  Feels like tackles for loss should be included too, maybe at 1 point per?  

Yes. And yes! I feel defense is very undervalued in Fantasy (we also made changes to this in that particular league.) So anything that would cause them to matter more helps.

Edited by LL.

I am super-okay with .5 instead of full ppr. I don't mind either.

What about no DST/K? Have we already floated that this thread? I get that the Baltimore fans need a person to be excited to draft too, but now all of them get to have Tucker.