Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Following the announcement of the Mythical Pokémon events last month, the US releases were put down for the entire year, but the European schedule has not been. Today, Celebi & Jirachi have had their distributions for Europe finally confirmed. Like the US ones, Celebi will be distributed over the Nintendo Network from March 1st through March 24th while Jirachi will run from April 1st through April 24th. We'll bring more European confirmations throughout the year as they come.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I decided to give myself a challenge and go old school for the end of the Delta Episode, getting Rayquaza was easy since its  required to progress, my first time round hit it with a Kyorge ice beam and got lucky getting down to low HP but later KO'd Deoxys so restarted, from that point I turned to Latias and was able to get more control of the fight, getting Rayquaza became easier, I was still having issues with Deoxys and it took 5-6 restarts to get a good handle on the fight, in the end I got lucky with a paralyse reducing it getting recover then nipping away and finally chucking around 8 ultra balls to name the bastard.

I know I have a master ball and could have ended it in seconds but whats the fun in that, I want to try do what I did in my Black game, catching all the legendaries with regular balls and have the master ball as a trophy of my achievement.

• Admin

Right, have a gander at my X team. Just won the sixth badge in Laverre City. Listing more than six mons (in no particular order) because I tend to use all of these on a rotational basis, depending on needs. Main ones in at the top in bold though: 

Hawlucha (Lvl. 45, Ability = Limber, Moves: Bounce, Acrobatics, High Jump Kick. No item)
Lucario (Lvl. 44, Ability = Steadfast. Moves: Power-Up Punch, Swords Dance, Aura Sphere, Me First. Holds Lucarionite)
Delphox (Lvl. 45, Ability = Blaze. Moves: Fire Pledge, Flamethrower, Psyshock, Mystical Fire. No item)
Doublade (Lvl. 43, Ability = No Guard. Moves: Night Slash, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw. No item)
Krookodile (Lvl. 43, Ability = Moxie. Moves: Dig, Foul Play, Sand Tomb, Crunch. No item)
Fraxure (Lvl. 44, Ability = Mold Breaker. Moves: False Swipe, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse. No item)
Kirlia (Lvl. 28, Ability = Synchronize. Moves: Thief, Confusion, Magical Leaf, Heal Pulse. Holds Lucky Egg)
Azumarill (Lvl. 28, Ability = Huge Power. Moves: Bubble Beam, Helping Hand, Aqua Tail, Double-Edge. No item)
Talonflame (Lvl. 37, Ability = Flame Body. Moves: Roost, Ember, Fly, Razor Wind. No item)
Lapras (Lvl 34, Ability = Water Absorb. Moves: Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song. No item)
Venusaur (Lvl. 40, Ability = Overgrow. Moves: Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Venoshock, Petal Dance. Holds Venusaurite)
Haunter (Lvl. 31, Ability = Levitate. Moves: Confuse Ray, Sucker Punch, Shadow Punch, Will-O-Wisp. No item)
Poliwhirl (Lvl. 35, Ability = Water Absorb. Moves: Rain Dance, Body Slam, Bubble Beam, Mud Shot. No item)

Also got others which I never tend to use like Dugtrio, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Trapinch, Mawile (to name a few) in the PC.

People call them lazy on the design of some of these new Pokemon but they could have stopped at any point on that thing and it would have been enough. Like, there's 4 or 5 defining things on that would be enough on it's own. "Right, new Pokemon ideas. Let's hear it." "It's head is a cog!" "Ok, next..." "No wait, it has like big ears or wings or something sticking out of it's head as well!" "Right, good. Next one..." "Oh, and it's body is some sort of gyroscope thing! And it's wearing a dress that looks like some weird Pokeball thing! And it has weird spiky arms! And giant red eyes with American Football goalposts for eyebrows!"

• Like 2

Yeah I can't say I really care for the new Pokemon (anyone else get reminded of Diancie from it?), but if it becomes available I'll get it.

I can't let another Hoopa situation happen again :( 

4 hours ago, Vitamin E said:

Yeah I can't say I really care for the new Pokemon (anyone else get reminded of Diancie from it?), but if it becomes available I'll get it.

I can't let another Hoopa situation happen again :( 

Yeah, I thought it was a Diancie alt myself. It's supposedly a man-made Pokémon, so possibly someone inspired by Diancie or something created it.

I have an all Fairy type team in my copy of AS (Clefable, Azumarill, Granbull, Sylveon, Mr. Mime, and Mega Altaria) and it's probably the best of my monotype teams, especially if I can sub out Mr. Mime for Gardevoir. Mega Altaria is so good.

Would anyone be willing to send me a Hoopa sometime this weekend so that I can get the Dex data, then I could send it back? Don't think you can get it via GTS, but it'll at least give me credit for having all the legendary ones again <_<

Beyond adding to the Dex, are there are positives to breed for baby pokemon.

Asking cause I've got to the point in my usual Pokemon end game of breeding everything I've caught to get a bunch of eggs to train up/fill out my Dex. My poor Ditto, 2 days and over 3 full boxes of eggs.

I personally find IV/EV training is kind of moot too unless you're going competitive (and it's a slog that detracts from the games for me too). Decent natures is all you really should bother with for the standard games. If there were a big challenge after the main game like the Battle Frontier, that would probably make it more worth it.