Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Okay so I'm having a little trouble with one of the bosses, annoying because I know I beat him last time when I had no idea what I was actually doing. Spoilered for length and well.. spoilers.

The fight with Barthandelus at the end of chapter 9. I've tried every combination of party members and can't quite seem to get it done.The first part, smashing off his armour is no problem regardless of my setup.

Seemed to be doing well with Lightning/Hope/Fang... perfectly capable of dealing with the Destrudo move, thanks to a Med/Med/Sen setup. My problem with this team is speed. Can't get him to stagger before he powers up Destrudo again (which resets the stagger bar) so I'm doing minimal damage and eventually he puts Doom on me.

The solution to this seemed to be havign Sazh on the team as Haste is so good. But I pretty much have to have two medics, so I can't have a Sentinel on the team, meaning Destrudo one hits Lighting and it's game over. If you don't remember, at this point Lighting is mandatory and I can't change party leader.

So other than going back through the level and grinding up, is there any obvious tactics I've missed? Any tips?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I'm having a little trouble with one of the bosses, annoying because I know I beat him last time when I had no idea what I was actually doing. Spoilered for length and well.. spoilers.

The fight with Barthandelus at the end of chapter 9. I've tried every combination of party members and can't quite seem to get it done.The first part, smashing off his armour is no problem regardless of my setup.

Seemed to be doing well with Lightning/Hope/Fang... perfectly capable of dealing with the Destrudo move, thanks to a Med/Med/Sen setup. My problem with this team is speed. Can't get him to stagger before he powers up Destrudo again (which resets the stagger bar) so I'm doing minimal damage and eventually he puts Doom on me.

The solution to this seemed to be havign Sazh on the team as Haste is so good. But I pretty much have to have two medics, so I can't have a Sentinel on the team, meaning Destrudo one hits Lighting and it's game over. If you don't remember, at this point Lighting is mandatory and I can't change party leader.

So other than going back through the level and grinding up, is there any obvious tactics I've missed? Any tips?

That fight nearly got me to quit the first time through. I ended up using the official guide... but I would say that you pretty much definitely need to grind as much as possible (which isn't much) in this game. Pretty much any time there was a decent spot to farm CP, I did it for like, 2 hours and finished the crystarium. And I still had problems not with the final boss, but with the area before the final boss. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIE-8Q6gZ04

Man, they've learned so much from the XIII franchise and it's seemingly getting better with each game.

Why did they decide to just ditch all that and make Kingdom Hearts without Disney characters for XV? :/

I didn't think I'd reach a point where I'd rather more games in the XIII franchise.

Square in targeting Japanese teenagers shocker.

It makes business sense though. They have the XIII fanbase and can churn out some profit for that while roping in a new segment of fans with a wholly different game in XV.

Okay so I'll just max out the levels as much as I can, pretty annoying that I spent so much time doing the fight and not winning when I could have spent the time grinding though. Thanks TKz!

Do you really need two medics when you have 1 in haste and a Sentinel?

This is a good point, I might give it a try before I submit to the grind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIE-8Q6gZ04

Man, they've learned so much from the XIII franchise and it's seemingly getting better with each game.

Why did they decide to just ditch all that and make Kingdom Hearts without Disney characters for XV? :/

I didn't think I'd reach a point where I'd rather more games in the XIII franchise.

Square in targeting Japanese teenagers shocker.

It makes business sense though. They have the XIII fanbase and can churn out some profit for that while roping in a new segment of fans with a wholly different game in XV.

I just can't really even stand the Kingdom Hearts series combat. It's fun for what it is, but playing the HD version has really fucking soured me on it because it's not that good. I just want a fucking turn based battle system again. I know that Square doesn't give a shit about that, but fuck, that's what made me give a shit in the first place.

Turn based lives on in the handheld market, but I guess the sales are deterring Square from diving back into trying that with a big-budget console release. I don't know the exact reason, but from what I have read and been told their target audience is too young to want a completely turn-based system and the way forward is away from that.

Blame kids. Damn kids.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb84JDKzFTQ#t=88

Holy shit, they're making a new Final Fantasy game!

Is that... pre-rendered backgrounds? :w00t:

drool.gif

:shifty:

Edit: But seriously, that game looks awesome. They should release it on the PS Store for the PS4 :D

They should not release it for PS4; you should all just buy a 3DS because it's awesome.

This. Or just have enough money to blow on both, like me!

Also, I knew it was posted about Ruki, but this is apparently a new trailer and it made me super psyched!

I love my Vita, but holy shit Sony, make a fucking JRPG worth a damn for your portable. Rouge Legacy and Binding of Issac ports aren't going to put Vitas in sweaty palms. 3DS is killing it with how much they have to offer. I really want to beat Pokemon soon so I'm not juggling two JRPG's come december, because I think we all know how much that just doesn't work.

There are a few worth a damn for the PSP! War of the Lions! An Atelier game! Two Disgaea ports!

.. jeez, that seems to be about it. Yikes.

That's right, the first Disgaea was ported to DS as well. But the second one wasn't! So take that! :shifty:

EDIT: Also I just realized we're talking about the Vita. Fuck that thing, who cares.

That's right, the first Disgaea was ported to DS as well. But the second one wasn't! So take that! :shifty:

EDIT: Also I just realized we're talking about the Vita. Fuck that thing, who cares.

I care! I love my Vita. I just wish I had anything to play on it. I guess FFX HD comes out that I'm sure I'll sink 2000 hours into, but third party support is like a wasteland for this thing. It's like being a Wii U user, but without all the Mario games that haven't changed in 10+ years. >_>