Fire Pro Wrestling R

chubby chaser

With Fire Pro you kind of have to build up to using the big moves. Stick with the weakest moves for a while before moving onto medium and so forth.

I found that KENTA is a pretty good guy to learn with.

With Fire Pro you kind of have to build up to using the big moves. Stick with the weakest moves for a while before moving onto medium and so forth.

I found that KENTA is a pretty good guy to learn with.

I've played the various Fire Pro's before, so I understand the concepts, its just there is a big difference between playing them through Emulator on a PC and playing them with a control pad.

Doug Williams came close to getting me my first win......but eventually lost in a hard fought match up against......Santino >_>

EDIT: Won with Randy Orton versus Jonny Jeter.......yeah, I needed someone easy.

I think the problem with my timing is that I go too early for the move, which means I miss it.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Getting better with the timing, and moved up to level 2. Had the best match so far, where I (Morishima) got beaten by Shiozaki (CPU). I probably could have won several times, but I was showing off with all my top level moves, and he ended up coming back, ended up beating me with a lariat.

I'd really love to play more as Tanahashi, but it looks nothing like him. Same with Morishima.

Shibata is very kick-assery, as is KENTA. Playing a lot as the GO CAW I found. Not a great likeness, but the moveset is largely spot on, so he's a lot of fun. I had a fun match with Corino last night too, I may play as him more often.

So who is everybodys favourite person to play as?

I've not really got a favourite at the moment, but Shinsuke Nakamura is pretty bad-ass.

Nakamura, Shibata and Morishima are my favourites. I absolutely love hitting Shining Triangles out of nowhere with Nakamura.

I like playing as Quinton Jackson, and Toshiaki Kawada. Alternatively, who does everyone love playing AGAINST? I love trying to get the title off of my current champion, Giant Bernard, and the champion before that, Kenta Kobashi, was a challenge to beat, but very fun and memorable.

I've had some of my tougher matches against guys like Mutoh, Misawa, Kobashi and Vader. Really felt like I accomplished something once I finally got them to tap to the Shining Triangle. :D

I just marked out in match maker mode.

I had the Florida Brothers versus two other guys (can't remember who), and before the match, a screen came up saying 'They may lose thier winning streak tonight....but they have something up thier sleeve'.

It turned into a 3 on 2 match, with Kensuke Sasaki in my corner.

Genius.

do you guys create yourself ? I've created myself as a lower midcarder. I'm alternating my attires at the moment till i can decide on one. I'm not satisfied with my movelist though. I want a good leg submission for a finisher but I have trouble finding good weaker moves that affect the legs(to use earlier in the match) my guys only weakness is his leg health is low( I believe in giving my edits some type of weakness) This can lead to some great matches.

Best match I've had was against Ric Flair . For the first several minutes of the match i controlled the flow with chops,bodyslams and the like. I go for a spinning toe hol and he quickly escapes and comes back hard tearing me up and down the ring. he stars focusing on my legs and before I know I'm helpless and quickly tap the first time he applies the figure four. That was on level 3.

Takayama vs. Takuma Sano, and fuck me if that wasn't the closest singles match I've played yet. Sano refused to tap to anything, and countered like crazy, and hit some big moves, and survived whatever Takayama's back finisher is, after countering four previous attemots at hitting it. I was sure I'd lost it after a hit a Dragon Suplex, but I kicked out at 2.9, stood up and hit a double-arm suplex for the win. Great fun.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

If I were to ever break down and buy the stuff to get a real world update I probably would create myself.

Anyway update on champs

Jr. Heavyweight Champion: Tiger Mask

Gruesome Champion: Bob Sapp

Deathmatch Champion: 2 Tuff Tony

Fire Pro Champion: Terry Funk(2)

Edited by TheTomster2011

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this in their game:

The programmers must be Tenzan marks, as he seems to be damn hard to put down, on a Hulk Hogan-esque level. I've had plenty of Battle Royal matches where he bleeds like a mfer early on yet ends up being the last or not to last wrestler I have to beat and he counters moves and resists submissions more than he has a right to. I had one match where I swear I nailed him with 6 or 7 finishers (which were able to crit, but didn't) well after he was bleeding, and he still wouldn't go down; I finally managed to take him out by chaining together a few moves, getting out of an AV, then nailing him with a piledriver, a striking combo, then a finisher and a pin.

Funnily, enough, Tenzan is one of my favorite Japanese wrestlers in real life, but I absolutely hate facing him in FPR.

I just marked out in match maker mode.

I had the Florida Brothers versus two other guys (can't remember who), and before the match, a screen came up saying 'They may lose thier winning streak tonight....but they have something up thier sleeve'.

It turned into a 3 on 2 match, with Kensuke Sasaki in my corner.

Genius.

There's another event like that, but I forgot how to get it. Go back through this thread because it's in here somewhere. All I remember is that it involves booking Chono (I think) in a tag match against two specific opponents.

I've slowly been building up my ROH roster.

I just finished adding Mike Quackenbush and Eddie Kingston to the ROH roster, and I'll be bringing my 360 back up to my room later today, so I won't be playing FPR too much for a while. Hopefully some more ROH edits make their way online between now and then.

I think there's only two more that I've found and have yet to add. I don't have that many guys though either.