AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I kind of thought that Asskicker will bite the dust, but I get the feeling he'll make it, somehow. Probably through the sacrifice of someone else, maybe Beth. I just get the feeling we've already had Rick basically break from losing Lori, it'd be a bit too repetitive to do that shit all over again. Plus there's plenty of fun to be had with a crying baby whilst trying to sneak around the zombie apocalypse.

I wasn't a fan of the episode, simply because it made last week feel like a giant waste of time in retrospect. I was a fan of last week and trying to redeem the Governor somewhat and make him more human again, but this week he goes right back to being the guy who murdered his entire group. What was the point of showing us his "redemption"? If you didn't watch these 2 last episodes, you really missed nothing from when The Governor was at the prison in "Internment" (since it appears that's where we will pick up the next episode). I just wish they went a different route here, but next week looks like it could be great.

I dunno, like I said, I feel like they did a pretty good job of beating you over the head with "DON'T GET USED TO IT GUYS, HE'S LITERALLY JUST WAITING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRESENT ITSELF".

I'm fine with it so long as the little girl and the woman end up being important to him. If he just shoots them because lol so evilz, then yeah, that's shit. But I get the feeling it'll result in his downfall. Which I'm cool with.

I'm fine with it so long as the little girl and the woman end up being important to him. If he just shoots them because lol so evilz, then yeah, that's shit. But I get the feeling it'll result in his downfall. Which I'm cool with.

Gotta agree here ....

... and yeah, no way that all of Beth/Herschal/Glenn/Maggie make it out of next week.

Itd be interesting to see both Glenn/Maggie make it out but Hershel/beth don't. Might give purpose to Glenn trying to keep a rapidly breaking down Maggie sane and safe but not feeling the same himself. However I'm thinking one of them dies and the survivor totally breaks down. I feel fairly certain there is no way both Maggie/Glenn die though.

I dunno, Maggie has some room to grow, but overall their story is pretty played out. I feel like there's not much more for the two of them to do. The reason I think Maggie survives is because Glen's been around forever yet has nothing to really add to the story any more, so it's an easier "shock" kill. With Maggie, you can at least explore the idea of one of the ladies in the apocalypse moving on after their love interest has died, which is kind of new. And she's not really been a big enough character to warrant the big death treatment. I get the feeling she'll end up being what Andrea ended up being in the comics.

Possible spoiler regarding the preview clip for the next episode that I'm surprised no one has picked up on.

The clip shown on Talking Dead begins with the Governor telling his camp that "it's only a matter of time before they realize their people are gone." He then begins to hype them in to going to war. If "their people" = Michonne & Hershell, since that's who Governor had in his sights at the conclusion of last week, I'm willing to bet Hershell is going to be killed straight away by the Governor. He'll probably kidnap Michonne. But there's no way Michonne & Hershell are both going to be killed in the woods, and there's no way one man can control two people (one who's amazing with a sword) long enough to secure them, walk them to his truck, and drive back to the camp.

So Michonne surrenders her weapons as Governor threatens to shoot Hershell. Governor shoots and kills Hershell anyway and takes Michonne hostage. That's my prediction.

I actually see that but am I the only one that would like to see Hershel survive all this and have to deal with the loss of at least one of his daughters?

I remember back in the day that I wanted Dale to survive past Andrea because the two girls were what was keeping him together and I felt it'd be cool to see the most moralistic of the group to deal with how shitty and unfair the world has become.

Scott Wilson has been bloody tremendous and especially lately and I'd love to see him portray Hershel in the shitty state the group will be in, after the governer attacks.

Killing off Maggie would piss me off, she's pretty much taken the reins as the strongest female in the group (Michonne doesn't count, she's a cyborg), and is essentially in the role Andrea's character takes in the book.

Hershell is the best character on the show and it's not even close. I get the temptation to kill him off, because it's definitely something this asshole of a TV show would do, but meh. I'm honestly fine with killing anyone on the show that's not Maggie, Hershell or Michonne... Carol too, because she just got interesting. Burn the rest of the series to the ground and start over.

Considering how easy it'd be to kill him off (he gets killed by the governor, his injury slows him down at a key point in the escape from the prison), does anyone think there's a small chance the likely to die Hershel survives and they instead kill off a couple of characters you'd really expect to make it, as a swerve?

I mean I'm actually expecting both to happen but that'd be a curve ball I'd like to see.

They'd be smart to prolong Mr Scott Wilson's stay on the show as long as possible ... so that said <_<

At this point there's about 100 different scenarios I can realistically see ... but I'm hoping for Glenn and Carl to be offed. Send Rick into full on frenzy/fucked up/psycho mode, and give Maggie a reason to blow up as well. That gives Daryl a chance to really step forward and Herschel plenty of material to continue acting the fuck out of.

They'd be smart to prolong Mr Scott Wilson's stay on the show as long as possible ... so that said <_<

At this point there's about 100 different scenarios I can realistically see ... but I'm hoping for Glenn and Carl to be offed. Send Rick into full on frenzy/fucked up/psycho mode, and give Maggie a reason to blow up as well. That gives Daryl a chance to really step forward and Herschel plenty of material to continue acting the fuck out of.

If they were smart, they'd use make up and CGI so that every part was played by Scott Wilson.

• Like 2