General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah, it's a really shitty excuse. My little brother has aspergers and he knows how to speak like a regular human being. It's a difficulty to interact with others, not a difficulty with talking.

A better excuse, I guess, would be (judging from what I remember of the first season), "Sheldon is basically a shut-in who grew up in Texas with his very traditional grandmother who probably would say 'a marijuana.'" Or something. Aspergers isn't a catch-all for doing or saying wacky things.

• Like 1

Are we really arguing the relevance of two words in a show most of you don't even watch, let alone like? >_>

Welcome to EWB.

• Like 8

Are we really arguing the relevance of two words in a show most of you don't even watch, let alone like? >_>

Yes because it helps explain why you shouldn't like it either. :P

Honestly I'm more tired of reading people complaining about that show than people liking that show, because the people who like that show never talk about it.

• Like 6

Oh, I actually agree but it was too easy to give Benji a little shit about it. Typically I try to limit referencing it only when I curse NBC for being so stubborn with Community's timeslot.

Honestly I'm more tired of reading people complaining about that show than people liking that show, because the people who like that show never talk about it.

Dude the principal at my high school had the BBT theme song as his ringtone. He went all in-depth about it once telling me how hilarious it was. I just laughed and politely agreed.

Thinking about it, isn't Abed just about the furthest thing from a real person you'll see on any TV show? I get his character was supposed to be "meta" and an *wink* to the crowd, but that is a guy who acts like no real person.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

Nah, I doubt even EWB would waste a good argument on the BBT of all things. Plus, Benji likes it apparently and Benji is great, even in spite of his questionable TV choices. :P