General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've been re-watching Prison Break lately and i'm midway through the last season. I had quite forgotten how much i used to like this show. I remember how it all ends but there are some things leading to it in the last season that i have no recollection of, it has made watching more fun.

On that note, it was pretty cool of seeing the actors of Scofield & Burrows together again in The Flash.

Edited by The Sandman
  • Like 1

In the UK, trying to find a way of watching the SNL 40th anniversary episode, in full. Any ideas?

Using something like Hola and watch it on the NBC site.

So I'm watching Caught on Camera on MSNBC and they run a thing about two really old ladies getting purse snatched as they're getting on the bus and talk about the people who helped the ladies up after they fell. There is this one chick they interview that helped and I think I've seen her before so I google her name and find this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/27/rose-cohen_n_3818549.html

From helping little old ladies to setting car fires. Quite a heel turn.

Edited by Kirkland

The gigantic montage of music-based characters was my favorite. LOVE THEME FROM JAWS. And Joe goddamn Piscopo showing up was a treat too. His Sinatra is more accurate than actually funny, but just seeing the early '80s cast get some love for non-Eddie Murphy reasons is fun.

• Like 4

The gigantic montage of music-based characters was my favorite. LOVE THEME FROM JAWS. And Joe goddamn Piscopo showing up was a treat too. His Sinatra is more accurate than actually funny, but just seeing the early '80s cast get some love for non-Eddie Murphy reasons is fun.

Blues Brothers made me smile, wish there was more of that.

More than anything Martin Short killed it in that segment. The man is the most natural show business entertainer alive.

They really should bring him back to host more. Like, they don't really need a reason.

• Like 1

SNL 40 perfectly encapsulated what SNL is. Did it miss a few beats once and a while? Yeah, but what SNL show is perfect these days. There was enough great bits (the musical montage, the When You Break short) combined with an extraordinary cast (to the point where halfway through the show it was impossible to be star struck by anyone). Sure, some stuff fell on its face (Weekend Update & Eddie Murphy), but SNL doesn't hit every mark, every week. The fact that it wasn't perfect was why I thought it was perfect.

• Like 2