General Television Thread

Hellfire

I wish that HBO would just drop the rest of this season of Westworld Netflix-style. I haven't been intrigued by a TV show like this since Breaking Bad and the week-long break between episodes is killing me.

About the last episode (Spoilers for the most recent episode:

Spoiler

In this episodes we saw the confederates beat the crap out of Logan after they found out that the nitroglycerin he, William and Dolores stole for them was replaced by Lawrence with some other liquid. My question about hat scene is:
Are the hosts allowed to beat up a guest like this? My understanding of the rules of this world are that the guests can't be harmed in any way.

Also Anthony Hopkins should get all the Awards all the time.

Edited by Hellraiser

6 hours ago, MDK said:

The kid in The Strain has become my most hated character ever.

Is it still going on? I watched what I think was one and a half episodes, then realised that I had to cut it as I had so much other stuff to watch. Should I add it to my watchlist?

Also, the amazing reviews on Westworld are why I haven't started watching it, gonna wait for the season to be over then binge watch the shit out of it. 

2 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Is it still going on? I watched what I think was one and a half episodes, then realised that I had to cut it as I had so much other stuff to watch. Should I add it to my watchlist?

I can't decide if I like it or not. Some good actors and actresses playing characters that I enjoy, I like the subplot of the bullshit bureaucracy getting in the way but I feel that it is either too rushed or not slow enough. Like could they have done it as a full on action thing or could they have really slowed it down? I dunno. I'd say give it up to halfway thru the season and see what you think. Its perfect for me when I am playing FM or Civ and have it on my other monitor.

I think what I am trying to say is that it is entertaining nonsense.

• Like 1

Yeah I watched season 1 and found it okay, but if I'm being brutally honest I'd have been happy with a conclusive ending and done. I've got season 2 and 3 sat on my Sky box which I might get round to eventually.

• Like 1

Cheers, guys.

In other news, Documentary Now! is still amazeballs. The double episode finale this week was one of the best they've ever done. I'm so sad I have to wait another year for more of these, they're gold and everyone should watch them. Bill Hader and Fred Armisen are fucking hilarious, and they never fail to create a new flavor of hilarity each episode. "Final Transmission" might still be my favorite episode, but my god, "Mr. Runner Up: My Life as an Oscar Bridesmaid" is definitely going to be up there. Basically, everyone should watch it!

The Strain's nearly done. I can't remember if it's this season or next, but one of those seasons is the series finale.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 14:56, Benkid Nada said:

Also, the amazing reviews on Westworld are why I haven't started watching it, gonna wait for the season to be over then binge watch the shit out of it. 

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 17:11, MDK said:

I can't decide if I like it or not. Some good actors and actresses playing characters that I enjoy, I like the subplot of the bullshit bureaucracy getting in the way but I feel that it is either too rushed or not slow enough. Like could they have done it as a full on action thing or could they have really slowed it down? I dunno. I'd say give it up to halfway thru the season and see what you think. Its perfect for me when I am playing FM or Civ and have it on my other monitor.

I think what I am trying to say is that it is entertaining nonsense.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 18:11, Colly said:

Yeah I watched season 1 and found it okay, but if I'm being brutally honest I'd have been happy with a conclusive ending and done. I've got season 2 and 3 sat on my Sky box which I might get round to eventually.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 18:26, Cloudy said:

The Strain's nearly done. I can't remember if it's this season or next, but one of those seasons is the series finale.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I have season three currently recording ready for a binge watch. It can be craptastic in places, but I love the vibe of the thing. Plus Fet is one of the best badasses on TV.

As for it's finale, that's next year - it ends with season four.

• Like 1

TVLine reports that Dave Chappelle will host Saturday Night Live on November 12. This will be his first time hosting. A Tribe Called Quest will be the musical guest. Their album We Got It From Here…(Thank You 4 Your Service) will be released on November 11.

Probably the only time I'll be DVRing SNL. I'm hoping for some old Chappelle Show inspired sketches - especially Prince/Rick James.

• Like 1

That's a killer lineup. There's no news on songs for the new ATCQ album but it's meant to have Elton John, Jack White, Kendrick Lamar, Busta Rhymes and Andre 3000 on it. Hopefully it'll be a good album.

EDIT: Also some of the recent SNLs haven't been bad. The Tom Hanks episode had some funny sketches.

The Good Place continues to get more and more awesome. Though I was 

Spoiler

slightly disappointed that Jianyu's lie has been exposed to Tahani, was really hoping we'd get more Jianyu being a fake monk jokes. Though I was wondering if this means the real monk was also eating food that immediately turn into spiders in one's mouth in the Bad Place

56 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

The Good Place continues to get more and more awesome. Though I was 

Reveal hidden contents

slightly disappointed that Jianyu's lie has been exposed to Tahani, was really hoping we'd get more Jianyu being a fake monk jokes. Though I was wondering if this means the real monk was also eating food that immediately turn into spiders in one's mouth in the Bad Place

Spoiler

I'm glad they didn't draw out that revelation. They're going for compelling narrative over maintaining the joke well - and it keeps giving them new ways to make jokes.

And yes, it really does keep getting better. If anyone's not watching yet, get on it. It's an incredible spiritual successor to Parks and Rec. Between those two shows and Brooklyn Nine Nine, Michael Schur is building a TV dynasty.

8 hours ago, Colly said:

Is Atlanta any good? Feels like something I'd have seen mentioned here, have I missed a few reviews?

Atlanta is really good.

• Like 3