General Television Thread

Hellfire

Bloody loved last nights episode of The Killing.

]

Not sure how others feel regarding the twist with Richmond, I thought it was fantastic. Halfway through the episode I kind of got the idea that it was going to happen, but they still built it brilliantly throughout the entire series. All series long they've played him as the good guy and in all honesty, I never expected him what so ever up until this episode. Spot on so far and hopefully they follow this up in the final episode, because I feel that so far it's about as good of a reveal as they could of done.

Agreed. There are a few moments in the series that looking back now make me think "of course!". Don't get some of the critics complaining that they couldn't believe this because there've been too many red herrings - but aside from the Bennett stuff, it was just the cops jumping to conclusions based on patterns they've seen before, which is exactly what you'd expect them to do.

I don't buy Richmond as the murderer, it seems to easy and ultimately too obvious a choice.

Agreed. I think that was the final red herring. I just dont think its going to be him when all is said and done.

Bloody loved last nights episode of The Killing.

]

Not sure how others feel regarding the twist with Richmond, I thought it was fantastic. Halfway through the episode I kind of got the idea that it was going to happen, but they still built it brilliantly throughout the entire series. All series long they've played him as the good guy and in all honesty, I never expected him what so ever up until this episode. Spot on so far and hopefully they follow this up in the final episode, because I feel that so far it's about as good of a reveal as they could of done.

Agreed. There are a few moments in the series that looking back now make me think "of course!". Don't get some of the critics complaining that they couldn't believe this because there've been too many red herrings - but aside from the Bennett stuff, it was just the cops jumping to conclusions based on patterns they've seen before, which is exactly what you'd expect them to do.

I don't buy Richmond as the murderer, it seems to easy and ultimately too obvious a choice.

Agreed. I think that was the final red herring. I just dont think its going to be him when all is said and done.

I think it's either going to be Richmond, or either the guy that works with him, or the woman. If it's not Richmond, it'll be someone close to Richmond, and those are the only two I can see being the ones.

Despite my initial short sighted claim of it just being "Murder She Wrote" without masses of incompetent sheriffs, I'm really enjoying "Castle". I found it really picked up when those two other comic relief cops started to be appear a bit more. I particularly like the bit where people say "BECKETT!" every 30-seconds. Makings of an awesome drinking game there.

Harmless fun.

Edited by YI
  • Like 1

Catching up with Fringe, 'cause I heard it got much better later on in season 1, and 2 and 3 are also supposedly good. I remember watching the first few eps and thought it was very random. I'm glad an actual story is developing now I'm halfway through season 1.

Catching up with Fringe, 'cause I heard it got much better later on in season 1, and 2 and 3 are also supposedly good. I remember watching the first few eps and thought it was very random. I'm glad an actual story is developing now I'm halfway through season 1.

Oh man, it does nothing but get better from then on. You are in for a fun ride.

Done with season 1 and already in love with this show and;

omfg Leonard Nimoy!

Oh man, it does nothing but get better from then on. You are in for a fun ride.

Done with season 1 and already in love with this show and;

omfg Leonard Nimoy!

About midway through season 2 on it's nonstop fun. Not saying the other half is badm because its not, it just gets so much better.

Guest mr. potato head

Fucking great ending to The Killing.

It's hard to dislike anything where 'OMGWTFBBQ' seems like the reaction they want you to have. This is the ultimate postmodern cop show and I'm loving it.

Treme season 2

Who was that with Annie that got shot? I've only been sort of paying attention to this season. I missed the first three or four episodes and decided I'd just catch up on it after it's over, but I happened to walk in and see that scene but I couldn't tell who it was with Annie that got shot.

Treme season 2

Who was that with Annie that got shot? I've only been sort of paying attention to this season. I missed the first three or four episodes and decided I'd just catch up on it after it's over, but I happened to walk in and see that scene but I couldn't tell who it was with Annie that got shot.

Harley Watt, Steve Earle's character. I had that feeling of creeping dread the moment I noticed the timing of that scene and the fact that they were walking down a dark street in a season where one of the main themes has been the escalating danger of violent crimes in NOLA, but it still hit me in the gut.

Stargate SG-1 started re-airing on Sky this weekend. Fucking hell, I forgot how much I loved this show. Some of the outfits are hilariously awful, but the character chemistry is always so dead on that it's impossible not to love them all. Hoping they air through the shows entire run because I never got to see the last two seasons.

Really?

The fact that we don't know who the killer is and it ended on a cliffhanger is okay with you? I'm left feeling incredibly let down by it personally.

Really?

The fact that we don't know who the killer is and it ended on a cliffhanger is okay with you? I'm left feeling incredibly let down by it personally.

If it didn't get renewed, I'd obviously be pissed, but we know there's more to the story now. My guess is they filmed two endings, one in case it got picked up for another season, and one in case they didn't. I'm more intrigued now than I was mid-season and will watch again next season. I understand why people would hate it, Bill Simmons tears it to pieces and makes alot of great points

here but I liked it. I don't know, I always felt like we weren't finding out enough information about the crime and the characters and there had to be more, everything felt too one dimensional, which is how I knew Richmond wouldn't be the killer. So I'm looking forward to seeing everything get hopefully more fleshed out.

I'm not watching The Killing anymore, but the fun thing about last night's episode was the reviews of it from various critics, who pretty much universally despised it. There's nothing that amuses me more than vitriolic reviews, especially when they come from people like Alan Sepinwall who usually don't do that.

Anybody else as excited about the new season of Weeds starting next Monday as much as I am?

Also, is this still supposed to be the final season? I remember reading last year that it was supposed to be, but haven't heard anything about it being the final season as of late.