General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've been watching since day one too, even though I thought the first episode sucked <_<

My friend uploaded that video clip. She always talks about how amazed she is that so many people have shared it.

Anybody watch Fringe? I only started watching at the beginning of the summer, starting with Season 1 and having just finished the Season 3 finale, only to find out that Season 4 is less than a month away. Anyway, I thought the show really came into its own sometime during the second season, and most of 3 was fantastic. John Noble as Walter Bishop/Walternate is a joy, and I'm a big fan of the rest of the regular cast as well. Anyone else looking forward to the fourth season?

Me. Fringe is one of the few shows that me and the missus agree on, so yep definitely looking forward to it. No doubt it'll take ages to get to the UK, or Sky will do us over and put it on Sky Atlantic (don't get it on Virgin Media), but will watch it by some means.

Anybody watch Fringe? I only started watching at the beginning of the summer, starting with Season 1 and having just finished the Season 3 finale, only to find out that Season 4 is less than a month away. Anyway, I thought the show really came into its own sometime during the second season, and most of 3 was fantastic. John Noble as Walter Bishop/Walternate is a joy, and I'm a big fan of the rest of the regular cast as well. Anyone else looking forward to the fourth season?

Yep, although I felt season 2 dragged a bit. Perhaps I watched too much Fringe in too little time.

I felt that. I loved Season One but was underwhelmed and bored by the second. There seemed to be a lack of overarching story keeping me interested and the 'moster of the week' episodes just didn't do it for me. I watched S1 on DVD over quite a short space of time, so maybe I needed to do the same with 2 instead of watching one episode a week. It's a shame because Season 3 looked really, really good - but I stopped near the end of two. Maybe I'll try and jump back into it at some point.

I need to watch s3 of Fringe. I have it all recorded but I haven't watched a single episode of it yet.

EDIT: One of my favourite Community clips

• Like 2

Watching the "Introduction to Film" episode, and I just realized that the coffee delivery guy is the same guy that plays Badger in Breaking Bad. I KNEW I recognized that voice.

You guys were spot-on about Community. Started watching it from the beginning during the hurricane last night, and God damned if that show didn't charm the pants off of me. Abed and Troy are fantastic, and really everyone on the show does a great job.

Also, for those who haven't watched Fringe Season 3, it does dive way more into the grand overarching story, parallel universes and that sort of thing. I won't spoil anything, but the implications of the Season 3 finale are very intriguing. Here's a video they released at Comic-Con this year in keeping with their #whereispeterbishop marketing campaign. It's various actors reading for the role of Peter, hilarious stuff and you're bound to recognize a few faces.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot a lot of you guys won't be able to see a Hulu link being in the UK, right? Here's the video on Youtube.

Edited by Apollo

I felt that. I loved Season One but was underwhelmed and bored by the second. There seemed to be a lack of overarching story keeping me interested and the 'moster of the week' episodes just didn't do it for me. I watched S1 on DVD over quite a short space of time, so maybe I needed to do the same with 2 instead of watching one episode a week. It's a shame because Season 3 looked really, really good - but I stopped near the end of two. Maybe I'll try and jump back into it at some point.

Exactly, too many filler episodes. I wanted to see Spock dammit :shifty: They waited too long to actually develop the main storyline.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the name of a TV show. Before I start, this is a huge longshot. No one I have ever spoken to has even heard of this show. I saw it first (and last) when I was staying in Nigeria several years ago.

So the show stars a priest, I believe Catholic. This priest's main job is kicking ass, and he does so using lots and lots of karate. Also, he can see the future. I think he only sees danger, but I don't remember clearly.

In one episode, the priest has to fight this vampire, but it's not a real vampire. It's just a dude who likes drinking blood, so he hooks his victims up into this chair and drains it from them. Obviously, karate priest kills him (I don't know if he kills him, I'm just assuming). There is also this chick who can see the future as well, but she mainly uses her power to try and get on karate priest's dick, but karate priest is celibate.

Anyway, if someone can give me the name of this show... I don't even know. You'd be amazing?

Edited by KONGOOO