House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Wow, great episode. Everything I hoped it would be and more.

Stupid book spoiler

I've seen some complain about the battle not ending, but if you think about it, it makes far more sense for Stannis to arrive and help in the finale, so I'm glad they did it.

One question I do have however, was Janos Slynt meant to be dead or just knocked out when he was shown at the end?

Thanks for that, asshole.

Eh. At this point people should be a lot more sensible about it. Shit, I warned someone two years ago over the same thing. Not gonna do that now because the fire's put itself out but seriously, y'all.

Watched it last night, to be honest whilst it was a good episode it didn't live up to the history built up by episode nines of previous seasons.

Loved that the kid who killed Ygritte was the same kid whose father she killed, it was a nice reminder that as much as I wanted to like her, she was still a merciless killer. The Sam and Gilly stuff was a nice bit of cheesey stuff in an otherwise horrific show, but when Sam promised he'd come back I was certain that was his doom and was dreading every scene he was in from then on.

Favourite scene had to be when the giant was charging at the men through that tunnel, it was that scene that I felt finally drove home the purpose of the group - to defend everyone and everything no matter what, when even their own people barely know they are doing it, to be the first and last line of defence between 'civilised' man (lol,Westeros), and the terrors that lie beyond the wall.

• Like 3

Yeah, the giant scene was my favourite as well. In the books, when they find the bodies of the men in the tunnel with the dead giant, it was such a sad moment, but it kind of showed a lot of the courage that it had to take. I'm glad we saw that scene.

Also, when Jon handed Sam the key and said "I don't need you, I need him" I whooped, such an awesome moment. It kinda' sucked that they actually didn't show more Ghost tearing wildlings apart, because the close up on his face leading to him tearing that guy's throat apart was wonderful.

The anchor was awesome, blowing up the front of the gate was awesome, the giant arrow was awesome. It wasn't as unbelievable an episode as Blackwater, but I suspect that had to do with they not building up the side characters on the Wall as the ones they did in King's Landing. We didn't even get a shot of Mance.

I also kinda' wished they threw Janos off the top of the wall :P

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys haven't twigged that the whole saga is really about Sam eventually getting his end away as Lord of Horn Hill.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the episode. I still don't know how I feel about the ending but regardless, a well put together show. Jon Snow grew up literally in front of your very eyes. One question though...

Did I hear the blind man in the library say that he was a former Targaryen prince? There was a distraction in the room during the conversation with Sam and I couldn't hear it clearly. Did he say he was former Targaryen prince, when talking about who he was before he joined the men in black?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pozI5n6A_Io

Aemon Targaryen is 'Egg' from the 'Dunc and Egg' prequel short story, if you ever want to read more about him.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the episode. I still don't know how I feel about the ending but regardless, a well put together show. Jon Snow grew up literally in front of your very eyes. One question though...

Did I hear the blind man in the library say that he was a former Targaryen prince? There was a distraction in the room during the conversation with Sam and I couldn't hear it clearly. Did he say he was former Targaryen prince, when talking about who he was before he joined the men in black?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pozI5n6A_Io

Aemon Targaryen is 'Egg' from the 'Dunc and Egg' prequel short story, if you ever want to read more about him.

No, 'Egg' was Aegon V, who was Aemon's younger brother.

And yet people were complaining because people in the show had their names changed slightly. It's not that easy to remember all these similar and same names! :(

Actually I think it's because there's like 300 years of Targaryen ancestry to try and remember. It's actually really cool to read asoiaf Wiki, to read through the lineages from Aegon the Conqueror. I'd recommend it to you but you shouldn't, there might be book spoilers that would spoil the show for you in there too.