General Football Thread

Starvinho

For a tenner more you could go see Stoke vs Hull at the arse end of November.

I doubt many will pay much attention to the non-league but Guiseley and Boreham Wood have just earned promotion today to the National League (formerly the Conference Premier) via the Play Offs. Guiseley came from 2-0 down away at Chorley to win 3-2, whilst Wood won it 2-1 in extra time against Whitehawk. Very pleased for both sides, they've been knocking on the door for a few seasons now.

I doubt many will pay much attention to the non-league but Guiseley and Boreham Wood have just earned promotion today to the National League (formerly the Conference Premier) via the Play Offs. Guiseley came from 2-0 down away at Chorley to win 3-2, whilst Wood won it 2-1 in extra time against Whitehawk. Very pleased for both sides, they've been knocking on the door for a few seasons now.

Gutted. :(

I've been to Gypsy Tears in Cleethorpes...that makes me an honourary Grimsby fan.

I want them to win but I wouldn't tell my friend that :P

The ITV digital deal collapsing really fucked them up and they've never really been the same since. Back to back relegations, floundering in League 2 and then struggling initially in the conference before making it to the playoff semis twice. Be nice to see them back in the Football League.

My local non league team would be Prescot Cables who finished 20th in the Northern Premier League Division One North.

I should probably go down and watch them play one day.

I've been to Gypsy Tears in Cleethorpes...that makes me an honourary Grimsby fan.

I want them to win but I wouldn't tell my friend that :P

The ITV digital deal collapsing really fucked them up and they've never really been the same since. Back to back relegations, floundering in League 2 and then struggling initially in the conference before making it to the playoff semis twice. Be nice to see them back in the Football League.

Gypsy Tears is a dive.... Like most bars in Grimsby/Cleethorpes :shifty:

They opened up a new "cocktail" bar last year, the cocktails were friggin' awful, they all tasted like the cheapo ones in 'Spoons