2011 College Football Season

Hey, at least we scored this week!

Fuck, I want this Pistol shit gone. It's fine for a school like Nevada, but I want 90s UCLA football. Pro-style, single back, three to four wide recievers, big dropback QB (I know that's not Hundley's game, though. He should be good next year.). UCLA is the type of school that shouldn't need a gimmick offense to succeed.

It would be quite the WTF moment, and I'd laugh and laugh, but, fuck, we REALLY don't deserve it. This is a Sun/Las Vegas Bowl quality team (well, not really, but the coaching has made it that, the talent is better).

But fuck, I HATE the Ducks, and have for a long, long time. Since before they got good again. So, fuck those guys.

lol Houston is costing their conference millions of dollars with this loss.

Anyway, largely unexcited about the inevitable LSU/Alabama game that the BCS has been hoping for all along.

lol, Houston. I guess So. Miss. didn't get the memo that told them to lay down.

Yes, let's completely forget that SMiss is actually a good football team <_<

Well, looking back at my predictions let's see what we can point and laugh at: Part 1

Sun Belt: Swing and a miss. Troy sucked. FIU and ULM didn't take it either. FIU at least was playing like it at one time though and did finish at 8-4. My surprise team was NT. Eh, they sort of qualify. Right now they're up 52-0 on MTSU and will finish at 4-4 in conference. They managed to beat Indiana this year and started ULM's freefall. No bowl though. My bold predictions were that NT would go bowling and that WKU would double their win total. Nailed WKU only not enough. They actually went 7-1 in conference.

overall grade for Sun Belt: eh I'd say C-

MAC: Close. I had Ohio winning it and they lost the MAC Title game on a last second field goal. I had Temple as a dark horse and they finished right behind Ohio in the East. I said I wouldn't be surprised to see Toledo or Miami win it either. Toledo actually tied for the West division crown but lost the head to head to NIU in one of the craziest games of the season. I said EMU would be the surprise team and would win 4 ... and again I wasn't generous enough. EMU went 6-6 and won 4 conference games. Bold predictions had Bernard Pierce playing in all the games this year and the favorite to win the Conference title game would actually win this year. Pierce lasted to the middle of November before missing a game and NIU took the title game as favorites.

overall grade for the Sun Belt: A-, easy.

WAC: Why try ? I had Fresno taking it, and LT or Idaho making a run at it. LT took it, Fresno floundered, and Idaho blew ass. I did have SJSU as my surprise team though and they finished smack in the middle of the conference standings this year. Bold predictions saw me calling for 7 wins against "big boys" and the WAC managed thrilling losses @ Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, and TTech while only managing to scalp Colorado and Minnesota. However, I also called for SJSU and NMSU to both win 3 games after combining for 3 the year before. They both won more (5, and 4 respectively).

overall grade for WAC: C+

Conference USA: Good call. I called for Southern Miss to take it and they blew Houston's Cinderella story out of the water in the title game. I did say that I wouldn't be surprised if Houston raped. I wasn't surprised one bit that they raped all the way to the title game. UCF was my dark horse pick and they only managed 5-7 but have a case for top 5 heartbreak seasons in terms of results. Rice was my surprise team and did somehow take a win @ Purdue in week 2 but just never got it going. Bold prediction stated 4 teams with 9 wins. We've got a 12, 11, 8, and 7. SMU is a Zach Line injury away from being a 9 win team and Tulsa can still get it down in bowl season.

overall grade for CUSA: B ... with a +10 for nailing the champ.

Mountain West: Ugh. I had Boise St with TCU as my 'not surprised' team. TCU took it. CSU was my surprise team and they uh ... surprised in the wrong way. I had New Mexico winning 3 and getting out of the basement. Well, they'll win no more than two but will get out of the basement on Head to Head. I said the conference would get 4 teams to 9 wins. They got two over 10 and still have a couple of schools that can reach 9 with bowl games. Oh, and yeah Boise isn't play in the NT game because they can't kick a FG .. again, even though not being able to kick a FG doesn't seem to matter in Alabama <_<

overall grade for MWC: C-

Big East: Huh. I called Pitt and 'wouldn't be surprised at' WVU or Cincy. Cincy and WVU shared the thing with Louisville. I had Rutgers as my surprise team and they obliged with a 4-3 conference record and a win against one of the tri-champs (20-3 over Cincy). I stated that no team in the conference would win any less than 4 games. Every team in the Big East was 5-7 or better. Seriously, conference doormats USF and Syracuse have wins over Notre Dame, Wake Forest, and West Virginia. Yeah. The other part of my bold prediction was that there'd be 5 rushers with 1000yds ... Well, 2 got there as of today (Ray Graham is at 958 having missed the last 3 games, Antwon Bailey finished at 998, and Darrell Scott finished with 814 missing a full game and parts of two others). Damn close.

overall grade for the Big East: B

Hopefully RG3 comes back next year, I don't want him riding the bench in the NFL. If he comes back he has to actually get good Heisman respect no matter what the team's record is. This year it's silly because the 3 losses basically disqualify him. Much like playing defense disqualifies Honey Badger this year.

Anyway, Heisman top 5's? Mine are who I'd vote for, not who I necessarily want winning.

1- RG3, 2- Honey Badger, 3- Richardson, 4- Luck, 5- Barkley

RG3 is every bit as good as anyone in the game this year. He's also performed every bit as good in every game this year. He absolutely should be there.

Also, Oklahoma State is doing what we call "making a statement" and OU wants ZERO to do with it. Holy hell they've already got one foot in the bus.

After this performance, if you don't think Oklahoma State vs. LSU should be the National Title Game, you're a moron.

I'd love to see it, due to what Oklahoma State pulled off.....plus the fact I fucking hate the Crimson Turd with a vengeance.

Apparently, OKS have to get no fewer than 75% of the 2nd place votes and 25% of the 3rd place votes in order to leapfrog Alabama. I can't see anybody placing them below 3rd, so the latter part should be no issue...but the math just seems very difficult to make up. I'm pretty sure a lot of writers had already resigned themselves to an LSU/Bama title game no matter what. ESPN certainly makes it seem that way.