General Movie Thread

Jimmy

I rewatched Zombieland  on Sci-Fi the other night and man it's been so long since I had watched a movie on basic cable that I forgot about censoring. Gory, man eating corpses are fine and dandy but middle fingers and "Holy Shit" are just too much.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty interesting.  A dialect coach goes over some of the best and worst movie accents

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lint said:

This is pretty interesting.  A dialect coach goes over some of the best and worst movie accents

That was an interesting watch. And Don Cheadle, as much as I love him, he cannot do a cockney accent. I know this because, even tho I speak proper (:shifty:) all my mates from back in the day had cockney accents. Or Jafrican, its like a mashup of cockney, wideboy, patois and West African accents. And the Brad Pitt Pikey accent is bang on, it isn't a Belfast accent, its a Pikey accent. You can't understand a bloody word they say unless you've worked with them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2016 at 23:48, Lint said:

That was brilliant! I really enjoyed it - just wish there was more of it. 

On 12/8/2016 at 21:59, DFF said:

That was brilliant! I really enjoyed it - just wish there was more of it. 

I would just like to point out that he was wrong about Leo di Caprio in Blood Diamond, it wasn't creole, it was Rhodesian, bru.

Fast 8: Civil War

Fast 8:  This Time We Race A Fucking Nuclear Submarine

13 hours ago, Happy HoLintdays said:

Fast 8: Civil War

Fast 8:  This Time We Race A Fucking Nuclear Submarine

I don't understand how it isn't "The F8 of the Furious". Everything I know is a lie.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Early reviews for La La Land are spectacular to say the least:

5 / 5 Guardian (Bradshaw)
5 / 5 Total Film
9.5 / 10 IGN
3.5 / 4 Roger Ebert .com

It's currently 93% fresh on RT, with 185 / 199 'critics' certifying it 'fresh'. In the 'top critics' section, it's 31 fresh vs 2 rotten.

I really want to see it.

Image of Pennywise from the IT remake

15625671_1292687987418156_87201345230090