The USMNT Thread

HailtotheYo

• 2 months later...

GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton/England), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/England), Tim Howard (Everton/England)

DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/England), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana/Mexico), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt/Germany), Oguchi Onyewu (Sheffield Wednesday/England), Will Packwood (Birmingham City/England), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers/England)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/France), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg/Norway), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim/Germany), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas/Turkey), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht/Belgium), Brek Shea (Barnsley/England), Danny Williams (Reading/England)

FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (Utrecht/Netherlands), Jozy Altidore (Sunderland/England), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Julian Green (Bayern Munich/Germany), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands)

I'm actually really excited about this roster. Interesting that Bradley/Dempsey get the call, but not Donovan. JULIAN GREEN ! Packwood I'm not sure about simply due to playing time but it is great to see Ream getting a nod again after really stepping up. Bedoya deserves the call up as well.

And now Bradley has backed out pretty much to prepare for the MLS season (which is funny because TFC aren't even playing on opening weekend), meaning Dempsey is the only MLS player who has been called up, which is... sigh.

Also our World Cup kit is awful.

And now Bradley has backed out pretty much to prepare for the MLS season (which is funny because TFC aren't even playing on opening weekend), meaning Dempsey is the only MLS player who has been called up, which is... sigh.

Eh, the final roster will have more than one. He's giving a few guys another look while giving a few guys a last chance to make their case. I don't mind it so much. Let's see who we play against Mexico as we get closer.

... and holy shit is our kit crap. There's already a couple of petitions to Sunil to change it.

Eh, the final roster will have more than one. He's giving a few guys another look while giving a few guys a last chance to make their case. I don't mind it so much. Let's see who we play against Mexico as we get closer.

No, my complaint is that the only MLS player on the roster is the one who has gotten no preseason time with his actual club. It's basically what we signed up for by getting the captain, especially since he wasn't at the January camp, but Bradley backing out makes the last couple months even more of an exercise in frustration.

Wellp, the USA/Ukraine friendly has been cancelled, quite understandably. I can't imagine a replacement opponent is going to be found at this late date.

• 5 weeks later...

Soooooo tonight an MLS based US team is taking on a Liga MX based Mexican squad.

At the half it's DOS A CERO !!!!!!!!!!! BWahahahahahahahahahahaaa

Also, Michael Bradley is the most important player on this team ... and it's not even close.

• 2 months later...

We've actually looked pretty good in the send off series. I know it means dick all, but it sure is nice to have confidence and momentum like this for once.

That turn and whip on the shot for Jozy's second was fantastic. Great movement and passing to set up his first.

Bradley is amazing.

What are you guys calling it in Scotland?

...oh.

Peace and quiet.. and preparing the party for when England get knocked oot.. that and not qualifying which is now a custom for now..