Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

Who has said it was quite deep?

Someone did, look back, you'll see.

Honestly, people like you are the reason why I still keep my liking for wrestling in the closet.

Also, this whole topic has gotten pretty boring. I want to know what JBH got his dad.

I, one of EWB's It Guys, hope he didn't get him a leather gimp costume with a ball gag. That would be a dumb idea that I, one of EWB's It Guys, really hate.

• Like 2

You can drone on and on all your like about how it's so great, but obviously that's just your marketing spiel. You don't honestly believe that, do you? You say it's been your dream all your life to make wrestling games but maybe, when it's come down to it, this one isn't any good. Maybe you've taken a look at your dream and realised it's a big steaming shit because obviously you don't even have faith in your own product to sell itself in the marketplace so you have to write your own fucking review for it. What kind of a man are you? We know you like paying people off to promote it via Twitter, how much are you gonna pay someone to give it 5 stars?

• Like 1

Why have you not filed suit for all profits on the game which robbed your intellectual property, particularly if you have dated documentation of your development of the ideas?

Because there is no copyrights in ideas . Unless THQ stole his code directly or closely resembled the layouts of his page (copyright) or stole some sort of invention (patent), he has no case. He can send any idea he wants to THQ, they can look at it and they can use those exact same ideas as long as he they don't copy the design, steal the code, or the invention.

Okay. The answer I was looking for was "because it never fucking happened".

• Like 5

Um, no. I said it looked like a deep game because it looks like a deep game. SHOCKING, I know.

The names are all I've browsed so far. And yes, I find them amusing.

And yes, the game looks great and it looks deep. I look forward to exploring it more.

Are your parents siblings? Were you dropped on your head? Did you have part of your brain removed?

I LOOKED THROUGH THE INTERFACE OF THE GAME AS WELL!

I just browsed the menu of "Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex". In conclusion, best game ever.

• Like 1

Why have you not filed suit for all profits on the game which robbed your intellectual property, particularly if you have dated documentation of your development of the ideas?

Because there is no copyrights in ideas . Unless THQ stole his code directly or closely resembled the layouts of his page (copyright) or stole some sort of invention (patent), he has no case. He can send any idea he wants to THQ, they can look at it and they can use those exact same ideas as long as he they don't copy the design, steal the code, or the invention.

Because it never fucking happened.

• Like 2

Minesweeper is looking deep. I love the option to change the game between mines and flowers! And two backgrounds! It's like I have four games in one!

It also keeps track of my stats, so I know how well I do. :pervert:

Haven't played it yet, though.

• Like 1

Guest JukeboxHero

I just browsed the menu of "Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex". In conclusion, best game ever.

Yeah. Because that's totally what I said.

I said that it LOOKED deep and that I COULD SEE MYSELF spending a lot of time playing it.

Did I say it was the best game in the history of ever? No. No I didn't. You know why? Because I haven't even gotten around to playing the game. No where in what I said previously has indicated otherwise.

All you guys do is blow things out of proportion, make generalizations and assumptions, and put words in my mouth.

• Like 1

Yeah. Because that's totally what I said.

I said that it LOOKED deep and that I COULD SEE MYSELF spending a lot of time playing it.

Did I say it was the best game in the history of ever? No. No I didn't. You know why? Because I haven't even gotten around to playing the game. No where in what I said previously has indicated otherwise.

All you guys do is blow things out of proportion, make generalizations and assumptions, and put words in my mouth.

Makes a difference from what you normally put in your mouth.

• Like 1

What do you think happened? I travelled back in time, went on the IGN forums, posted 2 posts a year apart from each other all so that I could say to you... I did it! I'm good but I'm not that good.

No, Im sure people believe you had an idea similar to the hundreds of other people with the same idea that ended up getting put into a game. What they dont believe is you almost getting a job with THQ.

I assume, anyway. Ive got no degree or anything.

Shit, I'm bored at work and tempted to buy the game. What should I spend my money on instead? There was talk of Angry Birds earlier...

Cheese burgers.

A new pack of socks.

A new pack of underwear.

Ten toys from a dollar store.