Some thread about the law surrounding parody

Serious Parody

The killer is I am qualified, dedicated, creative a good communicator (not always on forums lol) and clearly passionate about it (not to mention modest)

byfar.jpg

I am the King of Time

My name history says different. :angry:

• Like 1

We already do exactly what you said with the in game packs. You can buy the packs with in game currency with exception to the advanced starter pack but that's because we give the normal starter pack away for free. The packs are great for those that want to get a head faster but there's nothing in them that you can't earn in the game.

In that case, cool, good job! People saying you were charging extra for additional packs threw me off.

Yes, I looked at the 72-page document about an existing game's Create-A-Story mode.

By your logic, anyone who's ever written for GameFAQs is a fledgling developer.

Now go look at the time stamps. Start with the first one. Then the second one.

I changed my first post in fairness to you, because what you've actually done is quite a bit different from what I just said. It still doesn't show the trappings of some kind of undiscovered fledgling game developer, but it's more than just a guide to an existing game's story mode.

The "time stamps" are apparently supposed to indicate that you came up with the idea for a story mode before WWE implemented one in its own games, I guess, so, um, yay for you? I came up with the idea of a fighting game full of Nintendo characters when I was in third grade.

I'm not sure how much of the 2 posts you've read but there's a lot and I mean a lot of coincidences in there. I counted 16 specific features in the first post and I gave up counting in the 72 page document when I spotted several screen shots that had seemingly been ripped from the document. I don't expect you to believe me but I was contacted by Scott Rogers (don't know if you know who that is) he asked me to send him my CV, I did along with a copy of the 72 page document. I got a phone call interview with a HR rep at THQ but when they realised I'm English, they instantly told me it would be impossible to place me with the Smackdown team because they had a huge waiting list and THQ were only allowed a certain amount of immigrants. The lady I spoke with recommended that I went to work with on the Juiced games at THQ in the UK, then I'd be able to move over in time. Either that or learn Japanese because as she put it "It would be easier for me to move to Japan to work with Yukes". Neither of those options appealed to me because I wanted to make wrestling games and there was no guarantees either way.

Believe that, don't believe that. I'm not fussed. The fact that you looked at the document and thought that I had copied them shows how close the document designs were to the product that came out. The point isn't that they took the idea's I sent them, it's that way before the features were announced I had created vastly indepth designs for them. Even if by chance someone at the other side of the world had the exact same idea's - the critics certainly loved those idea's and from what I can tell, so did wrestling fans.

Oh and how close are the designs to the actual implementation?

http://www.box.com/shared/pmn3tlkz8o

The document is 29 pages long, and two of them are the title page and table of contents. Stop saying 72-page document unless you can point to a 72-page document.

Can somebody who actually knows about the Create-A-Story mode take this up for me? I don't play the WWE games and haven't seen their Create-A-Story.

I will say this: you did not invent the concept of branching storylines. If you can pick two branches instead of three--if such a thing is in fact possible--then I don't even know what to tell you at this point.

Guest mr. potato head

Also, even if you were the first person in the world to come up with the idea of Create-A-Story, that doesn't give anybody any reason to think you can successfully program and execute it. Every failed game out there is the brainchild of great ideas and horrid execution.

I got a phone call interview with a HR rep at THQ but when they realised I'm English

Did the international dialling code not give it away beforehand?

• Like 4

You know what, I'm actually so offended by this entire thread that I'm going to go out and make a wrestling game for the iPod myself.

It's going to be called Wrestling Fighting Wars and it's going to feature Perious Sarody and his tag team of merry henchmen beating up board members of opposition promotions.

And I'm going to undercut Mr. Parody by retailing it at 89p

Wish me luck guys :D

• Like 3