Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Used the last of my Christmas money to pick up a $20 Steam card and bought Alpha Protocol and Dishonored. I have a whopping $2.54 left in my Steam wallet. I was originally going to pick up Axis Football 16, but I've heard a few bad things about it, and 2 games is better than 1. Alpha Protocol was on sale for half off.

On 1/4/2017 at 16:13, apsham said:

Yeah, they can basically go fuck themselves and their reddit egos.

One of them posted a topic in the Isaac subreddit that got stickied, where he said that it was "blown out of proportion" and explained their reservations over porting it to AB+, but neatly skirted around the whole "never port it to that inhuman pile of garbage" thing (which, afaik, was posted by one of the devs). It's getting a lot of props but it reads to me less like "sincere explanation" and more like someone on the defensive doing damage control. "We paid this much money out of pocket, I'm really protective of my code, I have my reservations about trying to port it to AB+" type stuff.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

One of them posted a topic in the Isaac subreddit that got stickied, where he said that it was "blown out of proportion" and explained their reservations over porting it to AB+, but neatly skirted around the whole "never port it to that inhuman pile of garbage" thing (which, afaik, was posted by one of the devs). It's getting a lot of props but it reads to me less like "sincere explanation" and more like someone on the defensive doing damage control. "We paid this much money out of pocket, I'm really protective of my code, I have my reservations about trying to port it to AB+" type stuff.

The inhuman pile of garbage thing was from a Isaac Reddit mod that briefly worked for Nicalis and then left on not such nice terms from what I can gather. Although it's possible they also worked on the Antibirth mod.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 17:21, Rocky said:

I can't even purchase antibirth+ as a gift without adding Afterbirth and rebirth to the cart. Both of which I do not need as my son already has them.

Guess  I'll have to log into his account...

You buy it as a set, but they discount all of the other games so you basically don't purchase them a second time and just get the update.

It's weird the way they did it, but that's the way they did it.

I never heard of antibirth and am not too interested in it.

I was working so hard on getting Platinum God. I was like 3 things away from it. THEN THEY PUT OUT AN UPDATE THAT IS HARD AS FUCK!

:(

I was actually about to but Project Cars on Kinguin. I have it in my cart now. I'm actually happy I held off on it too.

10 hours ago, Ruki said:

I'm not really a racing game kinda guy, so I'd be willing to sell/trade something if any of you are interested!

I'll take that copy off your hands if you'd like. I have someone I'd probably play it with. Any clue on what you'd want in return?

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I was actually about to but Project Cars on Kinguin. I have it in my cart now. I'm actually happy I held off on it too.

I'll take that copy off your hands if you'd like. I have someone I'd probably play it with. Any clue on what you'd want in return?

A random game off my Steam Wishlist? My steam name is rukik9 or [Poo] Ruki. Not sure what you'd need to find me. Will PM you the steam code.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

A random game off my Steam Wishlist? My steam name is rukik9 or [Poo] Ruki. Not sure what you'd need to find me. Will PM you the steam code.

I have a key for Pillars of Eternity. You happy to take that?

Sleeping Dogs is a great game albeit with a few flaws but none of them are game breaking. The story was really good, just your typical Hong Kong action film minus the John Woo doves sadly, and I liked that it wasn't all just gunplay.  And it got me to thinking about the next GTA. I would love it if they ripped off Infernal Affairs/The Departed and made a game about an undercover cop and an undercover villain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Infernal Affairs is a great movie. They could maybe use some of it to expand on Chinatown Wars and bring that into the newer universe.

I'd love that. In fact I would love a GTA set in Hong Kong or Japan.