General Gaming Thread

TKz

Spike Chunsoft is the merger of Spike and Chunsoft. Spike made the Fire Pro Wrestling games, which dated as far back as the SNES. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, their 2005 game, was ported to North America and EU in 2007 and held critical acclaim as one of the best pro wrestling games around at the time.

EDIT: Fire Pro Wrestling dates even further back than I thought (!), to 1989 and the TurboGrafx 16.

Honestly, if my PS2 or PS3 still worked, I'd be busting FPWR out right now. The roster was stacked - full of guys from AJPW, NJPW, DDT, Toryumon, and even WWF, WCW and ECW guys - but because they didn't have the licensing rights, they had knock-off names (but the likeness was there), and with just a USB stick you could download files that renamed each wrestler to their real-life counterpart. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, apsham said:

Holy shit more details are needed. I'm going to assume PS4 exclusive though, grumble.

The Twitter account tweeting this is named 3/2 in San Francisco, and the website ends in 170302 so that might indicate they will release some news next week.

Also according to Puroresu Spirit's Facebook the footage was taken at K-DOJO's Blue Field and features Kyu Mogami and Ayato Yoshida wrestling with GO Asakawa as the referee.

The greatest grappling game returns to take on the world! Customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, in your fight for the championship belt.

Play Online: Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world.
Mix Up the Rules: Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting.
Unlimited Customization: Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee!
Realistic Simulation: Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/fire-pro-wrestling-world-announced-ps4-pc

Online play! :w00t:

• Like 5

I would destroy @Meacon in a wrestle bout on this game. Just me and him greased up. In our underwear. Engaging in a sophisticated wrestle match. That I would CLEARLY win. 

• Like 2

I'll be mounting all yall from behind.

(Once I practice to sharpen my mad skills because I mostly run CPU vs CPU sims these days)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Paton said:

I decided to hook my PC up to my TV and use that as a monitor. It takes a bit of adjusting. Has anyone done this before? Did you find that gaming on it was better or worse? No difference?

Since my PC monitor died I'm using two TV's for my dual setup. No difference for me apart from the little monitor has to be set to 1804x1014 otherwise you cant see the borders.

Oh and with gaming some games look better than others. Playing FIFA or GTA on the big TV? Lovely. Playing Football Manager or Civ VI on the big TV? Not so good.