General Gaming Thread

TKz

I mean, most of the shit Batman does in any medium would kill or at least permanently cripple real people.

56 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I mean, most of the shit Batman does in any medium would kill or at least permanently cripple real people.

He doesn't usually fire 60mm cannons at thugs though.

Arkham Knight is a great game. I can see why people found the batmobile tedious but I really enjoyed using it, slamming full force into enemy cars and ramming them off the road was tremendously satisfying to me. Being able to play the entire game as Michael Keaton Batman is worth a tenner on its own.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Arkham Knight is a great game. I can see why people found the batmobile tedious but I really enjoyed using it, slamming full force into enemy cars and ramming them off the road was tremendously satisfying to me. Being able to play the entire game as Adam West Batman is worth a tenner on its own.

FTFY

• Like 3

On 15/12/2016 at 02:12, Broken Cloudy said:

Have you guys ever taken this "gamer motivation profile"?

Mine seems pretty accurate. Of the six main categories (Immersion, Action, Social, Mastery, Achievement, Creativity) I scored a 49% in Immersion, 52% in social, and 82% in creativity. I feel like that's pretty representative of how I play games - I want to be immersed in the game, and I love the social aspects of gaming, whether it's playing local co-op with a friend or playing an MMO. Creativity's also pretty important, if I can find a way to break the game - either through OP strategies or glitches - that's when I really start having fun. My secondary motivations are things like community, fantasy, and strategy.

So I only just saw this and, I got sub 50% in everything. I guess I really do fucking hate everything. 

• Like 1

74% of all games purchased in the US in 2016 were digital.

Would like to see what the UK/European percentage is, but that's much higher than I thought it'd be. While digital can be convenient, it's usually more expensive and takes up more memory.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

74% of all games purchased in the US in 2016 were digital.

Would like to see what the UK/European percentage is, but that's much higher than I thought it'd be. While digital can be convenient, it's usually more expensive and takes up more memory.

Less so now on the expense. More companies are following the Steam route - more expensive as standard, but regular and heavy sales. I'd be interested to see what the ratio of first week sales for digital vs physical.