Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. Of all the films James Gunn, this is the one where he doesn't cast Nathan Fillion as the lead!? :(

Then again, I suppose he's a little too happy to be Star Lord. Joel Edgarton is the only one I'm really interested in, he was great in Warrior.

To be fair to Marsden, anyone getting Cyclops was going to have a tough time making him likeable. Cyclops is generally the most boring X-Man. His character is "Good guy leader" and that's about it. Even his superpower is lame! Well, the visors more so than anything else.

To be fair to Marsden, anyone getting Cyclops was going to have a tough time making him likeable. Cyclops is generally the most boring X-Man. His character is "Good guy leader" and that's about it. Even his superpower is lame! Well, the visors more so than anything else.

He's actually really interesting now, but of course thats the comics.

I don't know much about the characters but from the description it sounds like one of the other names listed as in contention, Sullivan Stapleton, seems like a good choice. I'd definitely like to see Edgerton get some pub though.

He's actually really interesting now, but of course thats the comics.

Eh. He entertained me as the villain of AvX. Outside of that, not so much.

Cyclops is great. Fuck y'all.

Also Nathan Fillion is awesome but I think too old for this part now. I still want him to play Ant-Man.

I dunno, are they going with a younger Star Lord? Peter Quill to me always seemed like he was around 40, which I'd say Fillion could pull off. I suppose the Star Lord I know is the one from the more recent comics, though I'd think that'd be where they went with it.

Everyone but Joel Edgerton in that screen-test list are around eight to ten years younger than Fillion, which is what I'm basing that on. Edgerton's presence does open the door a bit.

I like the idea of Edgarton, he's probably my favorite of that bunch. I've enjoyed him in everything I've seen him in and I'd like to see him make a bigger name for himself. Plus he's a decent sized name that probably doesn't come with the price tag that'd put Marvel off.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd change the title of the topic so we could just cover any Comic Book films in here, rather than just Marvel.

So in 2015, we're now not only getting both Avengers 2 and Justice League (apparently), but the Fantastic Four Reboot is set for 2015 too. It's like the year of superhero team ups!

As someone who's super excited for all this, I'm horribly worried that they're going to over saturate the market like crazy releasing so many superhero films at once. I really hope they main popularity, because the idea of a new superhero film each year sounds fantastic to me.

About what you were saying though, I think this year has proven there's still quite a bit left in the tank as far as the audience's willingness to watch superhero films so I don't think oversaturation will be a problem. That said, not all of them will be hits so I'm really curious to see which one(s) bomb(s).