The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I know before I said this was a perfectly fine show for something that's supposed to be associated with superheroes and ABC... but, man... fuck that last episode. They had a chance to make that lady super-powered, with the telekinesis stuff, but nope... stalker ghost.

I didn't watch the pilot, so I don't even know how the character/story was for J. August Richards, but next week's episode looks like it has promise. But I think the people who edit the previews for next week are just really, really good at their job, because it's been that way every week now, and I'm running out of reasons to still watch. Besides being too lazy to undo it on my DVR.

Basically,

he was infected(?) with Extremis since they figured he wouldn't explode due to him being a good hearted person. He almost lost it, Shield took him in and he hasn't been mentioned until now

If ABC wants me to get better at watching this show every week, they'll make Adam Baldwin an Agent of Shield.

So much this - something I've been saying since the beginning - this show was just begging to have John Casey as a lead.

• Like 2

OK, is this show going to pause for anyone else? I mean, the station where it's being shown at over here says they're going on a break, and I was just looking at the schedule for next week and, lo and behold, no Agents of SHIELD. I thought it was going on a break, like The Walking Dead, but people are talking about "next week's episode"... Is it going to be broadcasted in the US?

So it's just the station being pricks and going on a break before the show actually goes on a break, then. Just perfect. I guess showing 4 straight episodes of Homeland (including repeating the first one they show) is a lot better and more important than showing the final Agents of SHIELD. Thanks for the info, Livid.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/1/17/21783/the_lady_sif_set_to_drop_in_on_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Lady Sif is going to be in an episode! Cool. If Alan Taylor isn't going to use one of the best characters they gave him in his film, at least we get a little more of her in SHIELD.

This news gives me so much hope that post-Winter Soldier, depending on the end, we could see The Winter Soldier appear in SHIELD somewhere down the line.

Spoilers on J August Richards character

‘Member when we all originally thought that

J. August Richards would be playing Luke Cage on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Once the pilot aired, however, it was revealed that his character, Mike Peterson, instead was just a regular Joe — albeit one imbued with superhuman strength.

RELATED | S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Visit from Thor‘s Lady Sif — Plus: The Clairvoyant Revealed

Well, as it turns out — spoiler alert! — we were wrong, again.

Marvel.com reports that in the ABC series’ Feb. 4 episode, which is titled “T.R.A.C.K.S.,” Mike will be transformed against his will into Deathlok, a Marvel Comics cyborg who first debuted in print 40 years ago. Historically, the character has fought alongside the likes of The Fantastic Four, the X-Men, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Spider-Man.

Boasting “a high-tech eye that allows him to see through walls, super strength and increased speed courtesy of a cybernetic leg,” the “new” Mike will “struggle to find the man in the machine,” Marvel.com reports.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2014 Wish List: More Marvel Characters on S.H.I.E.L.D., Please!

“We have been waiting all season for this moment where we can reveal that Mike Peterson’s story arc is an origin story,” S.H.I.E.L.D. EP Jeffrey Bell told the site.

Deathlok’s debut comes in the same episode featuring a cameo by comics icon Stan Lee.

Man, I know it's not happening, but it would be awesome if Stan Lee was the Clairvoyant.

I think that's what they're trying to sell because when it was announced they said it had major impact but I'm willing to bet they were exaggerating that bit.

• 2 weeks later...