• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anything, it'll be interesting to play Bruce Wayne rather than just Batman for a change. Seeing every videogame (naturally) only cares about Batman, I wonder how TellTale will juggle it.

Also, really weird hearing all those characters after having played through Arkham Knight last month. I need more Conroy/Hammill in my life

• Like 1

On 7/4/2016 at 23:18, BuddyAwesome said:

I've read a lot of bad about Game of Thrones and I have to say I'm kind of loving it so far. Some of the decisions have seemed really hard to make, and I've been torn on what to do a lot. Especially as Ethan in the first episode.

That game was bullshit. Fuck that game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

That game was bullshit. Fuck that game

It was a bit too Game of Thrones-y for my liking, and every moment you felt that you had gotten some sort of minor victory, the rug was pulled out from under you and the game made sure to shove your nose into shit, and rub it around for good measure.

The entire Forrester family had Sansa-genes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

It was a bit too Game of Thrones-y for my liking, and every moment you felt that you had gotten some sort of minor victory, the rug was pulled out from under you and the game made sure to shove your nose into shit, and rub it around for good measure.

The entire Forrester family had Sansa-genes.

So you're saying it's exactly like the books.

1 hour ago, KevinStorm said:

So you're saying it's exactly like the books.

Something that works in literature and television doesn't necessarily work in video gaming. And the absence of any gratification started to get really really tiring by the midway point of the series. Where again, there was no right answer and any choice you made ended up shoving you facefirst in shit.

TellTale really went out of their way to not just refuse you big victories, but to refuse you any sort of victories how small they might've been, because at all times you were just being pushed down to the floor to make it clear you were getting shafted left, right, and center.

Personally of all post TWDS1 series, Game of Thrones was the weakest one in both story and enjoyability. Whilst games like TWDS1/S2, Borderlands, and especially The Wolf Among Us were just awesome games that also didn't give you instant satisfaction, but still gave you those small victories that made it feel like your actions mattered - rather than did nothing at all.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Something that works in literature and television doesn't necessarily work in video gaming. And the absence of any gratification started to get really really tiring by the midway point of the series. Where again, there was no right answer and any choice you made ended up shoving you facefirst in shit.

TellTale really went out of their way to not just refuse you big victories, but to refuse you any sort of victories how small they might've been, because at all times you were just being pushed down to the floor to make it clear you were getting shafted left, right, and center.

Personally of all post TWDS1 series, Game of Thrones was the weakest one in both story and enjoyability. Whilst games like TWDS1/S2, Borderlands, and especially The Wolf Among Us were just awesome games that also didn't give you instant satisfaction, but still gave you those small victories that made it feel like your actions mattered - rather than did nothing at all.

This so much this! I don't mind getting beaten down hell The Last of Us is one of my all time favorite games but give me some sort of reward or enjoyable moment when I overcome that beat down. This had none of that. Sure it was like the books or the show but that made it fucking awful

18 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I don't disagree.  That feeling is why I stopped reading the books, and why I don't watch the show.  Hell, it's why I stopped watching Sons of Anarchy too.

But no remorse or respite is pretty much dead on with the spirit of the series.

• Like 1

Yeah I really enjoyed Game of Thrones because it was perfectly in keeping with the books/series. It's incredibly bleak and nothing you do is good or works in comparison to any of their other games. But I did enjoy it

Uhm... about Telltale Games' Batman...

The series will introduce a new feature for Telltale games called "crowd play", an optional feature. Crowd play is designed to allow the game to be played on streaming services like Twitch.tv with an audience. When the streaming player arrives at a decision point, they will have the ability to allow their viewers to decide what options to select by using specific weblinks to vote, with the most popular option then being automatically selected in the game. Telltale's head of creative communications Job Stauffer said that they had seen their games, as well as older point-and-click titles from before, popularized on streaming channels. Further, when they premiered Tales from the Borderlands at the Alamo Drafthouse, they found the audience shouting out which choices the demonstrators should take, and recognized the value of this idea. and had started working on this concept over the last year to create a more interactive experience for all watchers. They premiered this feature at the San Diego Comic Con in July 2016 to 500 attendees.[5]

We have to have an EWB version of this.

• Like 1