Sign in to follow this  
livid

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The show’s been predictably great all season, but that was the show distilled down to its purest form. Excellent episode.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Cancelled. Fuck's sake.

NBC Universal will probably shop it around, so it could end up on Hulu, where its already streaming in the US.

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

NBC Universal will probably shop it around, so it could end up on Hulu, where its already streaming in the US.

it's on netflix over here, dunno if they could go after it?

• Like 2

One saving grace in this is that the producers clearly saw this was possible and have been building to a proper happy ending if this is it.

Of course, if the last episode is in the can, it’s entirely possible that the series ends on the usual season-ending cliffhanger.

1 minute ago, K said:

Do The Mindy Project or A Handmaid’s Tale sir over there in any capacity? If so, that means Hulu picking it up won’t keep you from seeing it.

Of course, that’s all very premature.

2 minutes ago, K said:

They could, but they seem more into producing their own new content.   Hulu has ties to Fox and Comcast, who own NBC/Universal so if its going to a streaming platform, that seems like its the most likely one.  

23 minutes ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

One saving grace in this is that the producers clearly saw this was possible and have been building to a proper happy ending if this is it.

Of course, if the last episode is in the can, it’s entirely possible that the series ends on the usual season-ending cliffhanger.

Do The Mindy Project or A Handmaid’s Tale sir over there in any capacity? If so, that means Hulu picking it up won’t keep you from seeing it.

Of course, that’s all very premature.

I do hope it gets a proper ending, I hate when shows get cancelled in the middle of a big story.

The Mindy Project was airing on E4 over here, not sure if it still does. Never watched The Handmade's Tale but I thought it was on Amazon Prime or something. Might be wrong.

Ugh, even though I was part expecting it it's just a gut punch. I've just started rewatching the first four series on Netflix (again) as well.

The show's bound to be picked up by some other network, though, surely. It would be nice if it went to Netflix, but who knows.

The best bets would be NBC (produced by Universal), TBS (recently syndicated) or Hulu (Maxx covered that) but who knows, maybe Yahoo wants to make another play at original content again. 

Damn it, oddly enough I had a bad dream last night that it got cancelled, so this feels kinda prophetic in a way.

Fox doesn't deserve a show as good as that, hope someone else picks it up and it finds new life. One of the consistently funny shows I've seen since Community ended.  I've always liked Andre Braugher since Homicide, but the rest of the cast has been so great as well. Its a damn shame.

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

Cancelled. Fuck's sake.

This season showed a real second wind, so if someone else doesn't pick it up I'ma be pissed.

Coincidentally, I am rewatching S4 at the moment and the episodes came on this morning where they may be being shut down, and the news about the show being cancelled, plus my own work finishing and losing colleagues I like made me all glum :(

Well that didn't take long. Thank you NBC.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Fantastic. Only 13 episodes though?

13 more than we were getting two days ago.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

What he said. Also I'm all for TV shows not doing the 24 episode stretch, it's a good way to show strain in the material quicker.

• Like 1

I generally agree but sitcoms are a bit different though because they typically only have a loose narrative throughout the season (though B99 has played around with that a bit themselves) so filler episodes are fine as long as they're still funny. Dramas suffer because we want to see progress on the overarching storyline. 

I am assuming that they will either wrap everything up in that 13 then or NBC might explore adding more if they don't like how some of their newer sitcoms are performing. I remember when they would routinely tack on 3-6 episodes to Chuck's order after only ordering 13 initially.

Edited by livid

7 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Good point well made!

• Like 1

~13 episodes is a good length for a season.

British sitcoms play on hard mode and do it in ~six.

• Like 3