TEW2013: Real World Update: April 2014

I agree that he can cut a decent promo, so why not give him decent mic skills? 70's (or B- as it is now) is waaay too high to be considered decent.

Agreed, there's no way Lesnar would be even above 60. There's a reason why he always has a mouthpiece talk for him, it's because he can't talk. Even when he has to deliver just one-off lines he's atrocious. With mic skills in the 70s he wouldn't even need a manager in-game to get good ratings for his own promos, which is obviously not the case. He's one of the worst talkers on the roster by a huge margin.

Little somethings:

I'd lower Roman Reigns' brawling and psychology and raise his sex appeal to something like 85.

I'd also raise Dean Ambrose's sex appeal to something like 78-80.

Raise Cesaro's pop and selling.

Lower Zack Ryder's pop.

Raise Wade Barrett's pop.

Lower Miz's pop and all of his performance and entertainment skills, he is overrated as fuck.

Firstly, you're a sockpuppet for FusionFx right?

Anyway, 'Raise Roman Reigns' brawl and psychology' to what though? Just saying 'lower' it isn't really helpful... ditto for the other suggestions of 'lower' and 'raise' things by unstated amounts without reasoning being given.

Also sex appeal '85'? Is there something else I'm missing here?

'85' for a male worker means that normally heterosexual men would be falling over in front of him and clawing at his clothes (amongst other things).

'Sex appeal' is a stat designed for female workers, its main purpose is use in 'sex appeal' rated angles. Generally speaking, this allows (female) workers who have no useful skills apart from being good looking to get over, this simulates how being hot can you get a woman over (up to a certain cap) without actually being able to wrestle. Reigns got over using 'menace', 'star quality' and 'dominant' booking notes.

By rating Reigns at '85' you're basically saying that the WWE universe/wrestling fans generally, would react to Reigns being used in a 'sex appeal' angle similarly or better than a very attractive woman. This also ignores the fact that the WWE, and basically no wrestling promotion I can think of, would try to get Reigns over using 'sex appeal', he might be popular with female fans (which would mean a higher than default sex appeal sure), but if you look at the Cverse for example, the highest rated male worker for sex appeal has an 82, and that is an extreme outlier reserved for a male-sex god.

Someone posted an analysis of the Cverse stats on GDS a while back; this analysis listed the top 10% range for male workers in sex appeal to be at 52, meaning if you had 52 or over you had made into the bracket of 'most sexiest man in the wrestling universe'... a 52 was all that was needed to be in the top 10% bracket!

Most male workers have ratings between 20 and 40, here's the complete list for reference (don't have the original link but I copied the break-downs for my own records):

Medians for male workers in the US (Cverse):

Brawling: 43 (top 10% range 64, highest 92)

Hardcore: 31 (top 10% range 58, highest 81)

Puroresu: 12 (top range 50, highest 93)

Mat: 32 (top range 64, highest 95)

Chain: 38 (top range 65, highest 94)

Submission: 22 (top range 60, highest 100)

Aerial: 30 (top range 64, highest 90)

Flashiness: 36 (top range 72, highest 96)

Mic: 44 (top range 68, highest 92)

Charisma: 57 (top range 76, highest 95)

Acting: 44 (top range 69, highest 94)

Power: 45 (top range 76, highest 100)

Stamina: 64 (top range 80, highest 100)

Toughness: 58 (top range 82, highest 100)

Athleticism: 66 (top range 69, highest 94)

Basics: 69 (top range, 87, highest 100)

Psychology: 53 (top range 75, highest 100)

Safety: 68 (top range 84, highest 98)

Consistency: 74 (top range 88, highest 100)

Selling: 61 (top range 78, highest 96)

Sex Appeal: 36 (top range 52, highest 82)

Star Quality: 58 (top range 83, highest 100)

Menace: 42 (top range 78, highest 100)

Respect: 35 (top range 72, highest 100)

Edited by kaya
  • Like 2

I agree that he can cut a decent promo, so why not give him decent mic skills? 70's (or B- as it is now) is waaay too high to be considered decent.

Agreed, there's no way Lesnar would be even above 60. There's a reason why he always has a mouthpiece talk for him, it's because he can't talk. Even when he has to deliver just one-off lines he's atrocious. With mic skills in the 70s he wouldn't even need a manager in-game to get good ratings for his own promos, which is obviously not the case. He's one of the worst talkers on the roster by a huge margin.

Little somethings:

I'd lower Roman Reigns' brawling and psychology and raise his sex appeal to something like 85.

I'd also raise Dean Ambrose's sex appeal to something like 78-80.

Raise Cesaro's pop and selling.

Lower Zack Ryder's pop.

Raise Wade Barrett's pop.

Lower Miz's pop and all of his performance and entertainment skills, he is overrated as fuck.

Firstly, you're a sockpuppet for FusionFx right?

Anyway, 'Raise Roman Reigns' brawl and psychology' to what though? Just saying 'lower' it isn't really helpful... ditto for the other suggestions of 'lower' and 'raise' things by unstated amounts without reasoning being given.

Also sex appeal '85'? Is there something else I'm missing here?

'85' for a male worker means that normally heterosexual men would be falling over in front of him and clawing at his clothes (amongst other things).

'Sex appeal' is a stat designed for female workers, its main purpose is use in 'sex appeal' rated angles. Generally speaking, this allows (female) workers who have no useful skills apart from being good looking to get over, this simulates how being hot can you get a woman over (up to a certain cap) without actually being able to wrestle. Reigns got over using 'menace', 'star quality' and 'dominant' booking notes.

By rating Reigns at '85' you're basically saying that the WWE universe/wrestling fans generally, would react to Reigns being used in a 'sex appeal' angle similarly or better than a very attractive woman. This also ignores the fact that the WWE, and basically no wrestling promotion I can think of, would try to get Reigns over using 'sex appeal', he might be popular with female fans (which would mean a higher than default sex appeal sure), but if you look at the Cverse for example, the highest rated male worker for sex appeal has an 82, and that is an extreme outlier reserved for a male-sex god.

Someone posted an analysis of the Cverse stats on GDS a while back; this analysis listed the top 10% range for male workers in sex appeal to be at 52, meaning if you had 52 or over you had made into the bracket of 'most sexiest man in the wrestling universe'... a 52 was all that was needed to be in the top 10% bracket!

Most male workers have ratings between 20 and 40, here's the complete list for reference (don't have the original link but I copied the break-downs for my own records):

Medians for male workers in the US (Cverse):

Brawling: 43 (top 10% range 64, highest 92)

Hardcore: 31 (top 10% range 58, highest 81)

Puroresu: 12 (top range 50, highest 93)

Mat: 32 (top range 64, highest 95)

Chain: 38 (top range 65, highest 94)

Submission: 22 (top range 60, highest 100)

Aerial: 30 (top range 64, highest 90)

Flashiness: 36 (top range 72, highest 96)

Mic: 44 (top range 68, highest 92)

Charisma: 57 (top range 76, highest 95)

Acting: 44 (top range 69, highest 94)

Power: 45 (top range 76, highest 100)

Stamina: 64 (top range 80, highest 100)

Toughness: 58 (top range 82, highest 100)

Athleticism: 66 (top range 69, highest 94)

Basics: 69 (top range, 87, highest 100)

Psychology: 53 (top range 75, highest 100)

Safety: 68 (top range 84, highest 98)

Consistency: 74 (top range 88, highest 100)

Selling: 61 (top range 78, highest 96)

Sex Appeal: 36 (top range 52, highest 82)

Star Quality: 58 (top range 83, highest 100)

Menace: 42 (top range 78, highest 100)

Respect: 35 (top range 72, highest 100)

Well I ain't reading all that wall of text, but yeah, lower Reigns' brawling to something like 65/66 and psychology to something like 50 because clearly he has no idea what he is doing in a singles match, and no, I am new on this forum and I have no idea who FusionFx is. Raise his sex appeal because that's the only thing he got over with to begin with, girls go wet for him, I'll give him that, so why would you put all that Cverse talk up there when I never played Cverse and I don't intend to. Why not give Roman Reigns the sex appeal he has just because sex appeal is used more for female workers.

Edited by Fxhd

Yep :wub:

• Like 1

that is an extreme outlier reserved for a male-sex god.

So Roman Reigns then?

Well I ain't reading all that wall of text, but yeah, lower Reigns' brawling to something like 65/66 and psychology to something like 50 because clearly he has no idea what he is doing in a singles match, and no, I am new on this forum and I have no idea who FusionFx is. Raise his sex appeal because that's the only thing he got over with to begin with, girls go wet for him, I'll give him that, so why would you put all that Cverse talk up there when I never played Cverse and I don't intend to. Why not give Roman Reigns the sex appeal he has just because sex appeal is used more for female workers.

He brought up CVerse because it's the default data, and data optimised to work within the game's mechanics, so it's the best possible indicator of how the stats should work, rather than just saying "girls like Roman Reigns, raise his sex appeal to higher than that of most divas".

The idea that Roman Reigns only got over because of sex appeal is absurd. He got over because he's been booked stronger than anyone in years, has great ring presence, and has been consistently involved in fantastic matches where he's been well-protected. I'd also dispute the idea of Roman Reigns having "no idea what he's doing", which is clearly not remotely close to the truth.

• Like 5

• Admin

1) kaya (not a donator btw) made a perfectly coherent and valid post, which instead of being counter-argued, just got a "well I ain't reading THAT wall of text!" is an arrogant, asshole-ish thing to say.

2) The fact that I pointed it out and I just so happen to be a donator is a moot point.

• Like 4

Glad to see the donators are back in here and the EWR thread with their pointless posts. The other threads must be lacking again lately.

Anymore of this, from any member or donator, and somebody will be getting a trip to the wood shed.

• Like 1

Triple H

Raise hardcore to 72-77 (B-)

Lower acting to 60-65 ( C )

Lower sex appeal to 42-47 (D)

The Undertaker

Raise basics to 90-95 (A)

Lower consistency to 66-71 (C+)

Lower acting to 78-83 (B)

Batista

Lower sex appeal to 48-53 (D+)

Lower athleticism to 72-77 (B-)

John Cena

Lower aerial to 30-35 (E+)

Lower flashiness to 30-35 (E+)

Raise power to 90-95 (A)

Lower sex appeal to 60-65 ( C )

Raise stamina to 78-83 (B)

Lower puroresu to 36-41 (D-)

Raise hardcore to 60-65 ( C )

Raise respect to 84-89 (B+)

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

Triple H

Raise hardcore to 72-77 (B-)

The Undertaker

Raise basics to 90-95 (A)

Lower consistency to 66-71 (C+)

Lower acting to 78-83 (B)

Batista

Lower sex appeal to 48-53 (D+)

Lower athleticism to 72-77 (B-)

John Cena

Lower aerial to 30-35 (E+)

Lower flashiness to 30-35 (E+)

Raise power to 90-95 (A)

Lower sex appeal to 60-65 ( C )

Raise stamina to 78-83 (B)

Lower puroresu to 36-41 (D-)

Raise hardcore to 60-65 ( C )

Raise respect to 84-89 (B+)

Cena with the C acting lol. This isn't Cverse ffs.

It should be like it is, by wrestling standards Cena has great acting. Also funny @him having C sex appeal when he has female fans based on only his looks. Undertaker has great acting too.

Edited by Fxhd

It should be like it is, by wrestling standards Cena has great acting.

Cena is not a great actor. Just look at his segments with Punk, Rock or Lesnar. Cena always smiles and no sells no matter what his opponent is talking about.

EDIT:

Should AJPW still be a national Company?

Personally I would lower them to Cult.

EDIT 2:

remove Chris Raaber from AJPW (has not worked for AJPW since 2013)

remove D'Lo Brown from AJPW (has not worked for AJPW since 2013)

remove Jimmy Yang from AJPW (has not worked for AJPW since 2013)

remove Rene Dupree from AJPW (jumped to Wrestle-1)

remove Kazushi Miyamoto from AJPW (jumped to Wrestle-1)

remove Manabu Soya from AJPW (he contract expired in December 2013 and he did not sign a new one)

remove Tomoaki Honma from AJPW (has not worked for AJPW for over a year)

add Kendo Kashin to AJPW

add Ryuji Hijikata to AJPW

add Zeus to AJPW

Masato Shibata, Naoya Nomura & Yohei Nakajima (as Menso-re Oyaji in AJPW) should also be added to AJPW - but they are not in the data and I don't have stats for them

Masahiro Chono works mainly as an advisor for AJPW - change his role in the Company to Road Agent

Edited by No1Thuganomic