MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Gameplay/frame rate wise, is this game better on the PS3 or PS4? I'm still contemplating which console to get.

Seriously? PS4 hands down. No point in buying in to an old system and technology unless your price point is legit $100.

• Like 3

Gameplay/frame rate wise, is this game better on the PS3 or PS4? I'm still contemplating which console to get.

Seriously? PS4 hands down. No point in buying in to an old system and technology unless your price point is legit $100.

Makes sense, also you didn't need to be an ass about it. I was just asking a question.

• Like 1

I got the PS3 version and I have no issues with it. It's ridiculously fun and the gameplay is amazing. RTTS sucks you in and ruins your life.

Before that I hadn't played since the PS2 MLBTS games.

I'm good without a PS4, so I personally wouldn't buy the PS4 for only one game.

Makes sense, also you didn't need to be an ass about it. I was just asking a question.

You won't last very long here if that's your interpretation of someone being an ass.

• Like 4

:wub:

I have my PS4. Gonna wait just a few days to buy PS+, but once I do, I'd be down to try some online with some peeps.

So I'm gonna start a Franchise where I run one team a time and play with them until I break their World Series drought. So I'll start with the Cubs, and if I can ever get them to win one (or at least make it there), I'll switch control of my team to the next longest drought in-game (ie. if the Indians win one, their playoff drought is erased and I'll move onto the Rangers). The goal is to get through every team (although that seems unlikely).

My question is that I've never really played in full-on rebuild mode. I understand the basic strategy (unload expiring contracts or veterans to playoff push teams in exchange for the best prospects I can get), but what about rookies. How do I decide when to call up players? Should I be looking at when I think I can realistically contend, and just make sure that the best guys are going to be around at that time? How do I sustain losing for a few seasons with my budget decreasing? Etc, etc.

Edited by California PeTCD Campbell
  • Like 2

The best strategy for rebuilding is to keep an MLB lineup of experienced guys that don't cost a lot. Nearing the deadline, you can unload expiring contracts to other teams for top prospects and by not spending much on your lineup, you allow yourself the ability to take back expiring contracts if you need to help a team make room in exchange for snagging a prospect you like.

When I'm rebuilding, I tend to go to my top prospects when there are injuries, to give them trial runs and see how close they are to being ready. If a guy is struggling though, don't keep him on the big team, because it will hurt him in the long run. Usually, at the start of each season, I pick one guy to keep on my team and make sure that I have a really good veteran that can jump into the lineup if he struggles.

When it comes time for free agency, I re-sign my guys that I want to keep, and then go searching for any high potential young players that I can sign to deals. I will usually leave at least ten spots open until the last week before the season starts. At that time, you can get some veteran players for dirt cheap.

• Like 2

Ugh. Playing as the Cubs. It's 2018 and not only did we have our first winning season in forever, we won the division. Swept the Reds. Swept the Braves.

World Series time. Beat the Red Sox two straight in Fenway and we take Game 3 in Wrigley. Game 4, up 7-6 in the 9th. Sox score two and win the game. The bats go silent in Game 5 and we get shutout 4-0. The Red Sox break up a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the eighth and win Game 6, 3-2.

Man, oh man. I want to win this series so bad. About to play it...

EDIT: The drought is over. Cubs win!

Edited by California PeTCD Campbell
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just started as the Jays, and traded away Brandon Morrow for Howie Kendrick and JB Shuck. Then I sent Marcus Stromann and RA Dickey to Philly for Cole Hamels. My final preseason move was to get Andrew Cashner from the Padres.

So, now I am strictly playing a platoon in centre of Rasmus and Shuck, and at DH with Lind and Kratz (but am looking for a better contact hitter against LHP).

Biggest disappointment so far - hitting a home run with Encarnacion and he doesn't do the Ed-wing.

• Like 1

What did you have to send to the Padres for Cashner?

If I remember correctly, Vernon Wells is in the free agents list. He probably wouldn't cost you much and I'm pretty sure he hits lefties well. Could be a nice platoon partner for Lind.

Go into the sliders and turn down the pitch speed. That might help you out a bit.

Another tip is only swing at one type of pitch and one location early in the count. You might let some good pitches go by, but you will see more pitches and that will help you become more selective.

• Like 2

Go into the sliders and turn down the pitch speed. That might help you out a bit.

Another tip is only swing at one type of pitch and one location early in the count. You might let some good pitches go by, but you will see more pitches and that will help you become more selective.

Thank you.