MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Played my first two games of this today, they were both awesome. Really love everything they've done this year for PS4 compared to the PS3 last year. Love the way the ball comes off the bat in a certain angle now when batting; really just so many nice little additions that make this great.

To be noted that I do play with hitting on timing (so you just press x) and pitching on meter.

Won my first two games on veteran, gonna wait and see but definitely going to need to make it harder at some point. Hopefully it isn't super hard on the next level like most sports games, probably gonna have to find some sliders soon.

Just try the dynamic difficulty. Even when starting out at Rookie, you're not clobbering your opponents, and if you start, it quickly moves you up.

Also, if you're finding it too easy, the timing hitting will be a big part of that. I don't like using the analog stick to hit, but the timed button and location hitting is probably the best way to go. Adds more need for skill.

• Like 1

Dynamic difficulty does me no favors when I swing at everything :(

I've been lucky and had good patience to start, I really like all the camera views out of the box this year. Maybe it's just the PS4. But I'd always have to use custom cameras to get a good look at the ball out of the pitchers hand, not anymore.

Though I am playing with that random pitch-count feature off as well.

Awesome! So looking forward to this.

What kind of rosters are we doing again? Just regular or fantasy draft sim? I don't really care but the later almost seems more risky, no? Unless it's just a talent pool of all our respective teams, then wouldn't we all just be super stacked? That would be alright. Maybe the rest of the players left would be in FA then as well.

I did and accepted the Jays, wasn't sure before if the rosters were gonna be drafted or not. Regardless pleased with my choice.

My bad, I had to scroll down to see you signed up as the Jays. So that's a grand total of 3 teams! <_<

Where is everyone else?!

• Like 1

My lack of ability means I've switched from playing to watching the CPU play a lot. It's amazing how varied the matches are, some are high scoring blow-outs, some are really low scoring, one had a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 9th, one went to 15 innings.

It's something to pass the time at least.

The API disappeared on me for a couple of games, and it was awful. I don't always use the same pitch and location that the catcher suggests, but it gives me a reference point to work from. Those two games were weird to play, and then it just came back randomly.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice when pitchers get on base, they end up wearing their warm up jackets? I find it extremely weird, especially as that was something that would happen last gen in the 2K series.