MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Playing a franchise game against the Angels, it's the 3rd inning and they're on their 3rd pitcher. Jered Weaver went down with an injury in the first, Fernando Salas came in and finished out the first and second, and then took a line drive off the skull to start the 3rd.

I have to wait two f-ing weeks for this cause Sony Australia has their heads firmly implanted in their arse :bang:

Edited by Troy Maskell

So I have decided that I'll be trading this game in for the PS4 version, even though I don't have a PS4 yet... if I do it before June 1st, I only have to pay $20 towards the new copy, and I'll probably be trading in all of my PS3 stuff anyways to help ease the cost of the PS4.

• Like 1

My copy is here I just haven't had the chance to play it yet. I will be eventually however, probably gonna get hooked. Add me on PSN, bluntsnpurp. Would love to get an online season going with some people in a month's time or so.

I am all for an online franchise.

Also, the Rays straight up traded Wil Myers for Josh Hamilton and his huge ass salary. And 10 games in and Myers is bossing it so far.

What's the learning curve on this game like? Like...Could I learn baseball with it? Like, I know how to play but I'm not familiar with tactics or anything like that. I picked up football conceptually from the NCAA series of games - will this game help me with that? Or is it pretty unforgiving if you don't know the sport?

I am all for an online franchise.

Also, the Rays straight up traded Wil Myers for Josh Hamilton and his huge ass salary. And 10 games in and Myers is bossing it so far.

Trades are very weird. I've seen the Cardinals decimate their roster for no discernible reason.

Yeah, I've noticed that the trade pieces themselves seem to be absolutely fine, but that the situation is never right for it. Winning teams move out salary for prospects, so it's a bad trade... but if they were in the cellar and made the same deal, it would be fine.

It's like they got the Trade AI correct, but haven't been able to add any context to it.

Enough of this waiting you pansies, I'll create the league (and run it until Madden comes out) but let's flesh out some things first:

World Series, Championship Series, and Division Series Length - I would suggest 5-3-3, especially if we play a decent amount of regular season games.
Total Games (14/29/40) - 29 is a decent number to me. I didn't even consider 82, 120 or 162 games..
Schedule Type [Open (all games playable), Flex (A series of games available in advance), Series (One series at a time)] - I'm down for open, although I'm not too sure how that would work. :shifty:
Manual or Auto [Auto advances when series expires and Manual requires the User to manually advance the series] - I think auto would keep everything moving accordingly.
Days Per Series (1-30) - If we go with auto rather than manual, I think 7-10 days would be a good number of days to complete a series.

Also, would you guys be up for realigning the divisions to have all the EWB user teams in one NL and AL division?

I think a 5-3-3 format is perfect especially since I'm for a 29 game season. If you have 5-7-7 the playoffs will take as long as the regular season and this isn't the NBA!

I'd prefer an open schedule. That way if someone is going on vacation or something, they can play their next week of games beforehand, and not hold everybody up.

I'm cool with auto advance if you give people 3-5 days to get a series in. A week at most?

And I'll suggest it once and if everyone hates the idea, I'll not bring it up again and just implement it in the league I'm running with my friends...Fantasy Draft?

Edited by Don Meaconly