Random Music Thoughts

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this song saved on Spotify for a bit now and love it. I had no idea she was so young till today.

• 1 month later...

Thin Lizzy is great. 

And Benji, I don’t know any off the top of my head. I know of a bunch where gay singers sing about performing sex acts with other men. I’d have to dig around, it feels like there should be some in the glam/punk pool. 

Actually yeah, Wayne County aka Jayne County has a song called Man enough to be a woman. 

I’ll try to find more. 

On 1/11/2018 at 03:27, Benji said:

LBGTQ+ pride songs are generally inclusive of everyone, but whilst there are a few specifically gay/lesbian pride anthems, I can't think of any trans pride anthems. I'm struggling to even think of one. Anyone got any ideas?

A list.

Another list.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2018 at 09:27, Benji said:

LBGTQ+ pride songs are generally inclusive of everyone, but whilst there are a few specifically gay/lesbian pride anthems, I can't think of any trans pride anthems. I'm struggling to even think of one. Anyone got any ideas?

Would it be more inclusive if the person was singing about someone else regardless of their sexuality or gender?

Anything by Queen is a Gay anthem, surely? Freddie was as straight as possible. You cannot be gay in a tanktop and moustache. 

I don't think they've got quite as far as a trans anthem yet (it's possibly I'm not listening to the lyrics hard enough), but have you listened to Mouses (https://www.mousestheband.com/home)? Two piece punkish band and Ste the lead singer is gender fluid and self publishes his own fanzine type thing on LGBT+ and mental health. Really good band who would probably be fairly big if they were from Hoxton rather than Billingham... 

Sadly the websites a bit shit, but they're on Spotify and Twitter (you can see my shiny head in the back of some of Xmas gig shots). 

• Like 1

Neil Young did a full album of them in the 80s

NEIL_YOUNG_TRANS+-+QUIEX+II-77882.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 05:22, Benji said:

It's such a stupid line, but in "Die Young" by Keisha the line "it's pretty obvious that you've got a crush, that magic in your pants is making me blush" makes me laugh every time I hear it. Great poptastic song.

Almost everything by Antony & The Johnsons/Anhoni. Since Anhoni doesn't like gender specific pronouns, I shall say that I was worried Anhoni under A&TJ wasn't going to be on the list, but am happy that Anhoni was included. Anhoni has worked with Laurie Anderson, Bjork, and many others. I HIGHLY recommend Anhoni!

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post, but this ^^ is for you, Benji, and pretty much everyone else.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH