Random Music Thoughts

Benji

• 1 month later...

Flying Lotus is outstanding, but he will never reach the heights of Los Angeles and Cosmogramma. Cosmogramma in particular is exceptional. 

On 13/04/2020 at 12:46, metalman said:

I like Until the Quiet Comes best

I think that is my least favorite, but only because I love the chaotic frenzied nature of Flying Lotus. Quiet is great, but more subdued. But I still love it! All of his albums have been bangers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this so I'll just do it here. Apparently Millie Small died a couple days ago. Not sure if there are many fans on these boards. Maybe not. But I liked her. Cute songs. Easy poppy ska/r&b. Famous for her sixties hit My Boy Lollipop covered by many other bands, including the Bad Manners in the eighties who made a cool version of it. 

• 1 month later...

So with the accusations against Bassnectar and Tom now gone from Kasabian and in court yesterday. I feel more than a bit iffy listening to either. Is it fair to judge their music on their personal behaviour? Are there other examples, where an artist behaviour have turned you of his, her or their music?
Kanye?
Pete Doherty?