Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lineker

EFL Cup 2016/17

269 posts in this topic

Wait...Southampton are playing in this game too? 

From all the adverts prior to this game I thought it was just Man Utd and Mourinho in the cup final.  Doesn't surprise if Southampton are getting valid goals taken away from them. 

Well Southampton definitely didn't deserve to go in 2 down, as we've been shocking. Need to up it in the 2nd half, as that goal will give them confidence. 

Weird match, we've not played well yet lead 2-1, I'll take that. However I do worry that Southampton are a lot fresher than we are and that could tell in the second half. (Mind  they've been running around like mad men in the first half whilst the United players do their usual waltz around so perhaps they'll have run themselves into the ground.)

We surely have to play better than we did. Cliché, but the next goal is huge. 

Get in Southampton! Should be 3-2 :shifty:

1 person likes this

Southampton deserve to win this.

Ibra forces extra time! Oh wait.... 

Horrible manc bastards. 

2 people like this

So undeserved. Such a shit performance from us. I know we've played 4 times since Southampton last had a match, but still.

That's so unfair. Even if Man U played better, Southampton shouldn't have had that goal disallowed.

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

That's so unfair. Even if Man U played better, Southampton shouldn't have had that goal disallowed.

Believe me, we didn't. Very lucky to win.

Zlatan is the man though. 26 goals for him already. Really hope he stays. 

11 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Horrible manc bastards. 

Nerf jinxed the game, when he said he hoped we twatted them. :shifty:

Least Martin Tyler will be happy with the result. 

Beyond Harsh on Southampton that, no excuses for officiating that poor in a cup final. If it wasn't for Ibra, Southampton would have won that game, he's something else and drags teams into games, he's been and done it everywhere and still gets overlooked.

I know he's club captain but like fuck should Rooney be leading the team up the stairs and holding the trophy up first. 

Don't be looking so glum Mourinho fucking hell....wanker

Video replays for moments like that have to be brought in. 

Honestly wouldn't trust the officials to actually follow them still. A lot of them hide behind the "open to interpretation" loophole already when it comes to decisions and if they want to they'll find a way out of it. I'd just like them to essentially have an interview and explain any controversial decisions as a start. Granted they'd come out as either cheating or inept and lose their jobs but if I cost a company millions with bad decisions I'd expect to lose my job too.

Typical United really, don't play well and win a trophy :). That cross from Herrera seemed to slow time down, it just hung there and I was celebrating before Zlatan even touched it as it just had goal written all over it. Credit to Southampton, they were the better team, but ultimately the only thing that matters in a final is winning it and with Ibrahimovic in the team we just seem to edge games we don't deserve to win now, which is fantastic!

Gutted for Southampton. They didn't deserve that.