EFL Cup 2016/17

Lineker

Southampton should have won by more than one goal and that might bite them on the arse. Awful performance by us. 

Don't know why we took Wijnaldum off and left both Lucas and Can on. I miss Matip and Henderson. 

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

Southampton should have won by more than one goal and that might bite them on the arse. Awful performance by us. 

Don't know why we took Wijnaldum off and left both Lucas and Can on. I miss Matip and Henderson. 

Redmond should have had a hat trick, J-Rod could have had a sitter if whoever it was passed to him, there was a chance cleared off the line as well.

Do Liverpool have problems playing against teams that are set up to defend and counter?

A lot of tonight was a bit of there being no Henderson and no Matip.

Emre Can was dreadful although I think he has played pretty much every game in the most recent run.

10 hours ago, MDK said:

Do Liverpool have problems playing against teams that are set up to defend and counter?

We've normally done alright against teams set up like that and I feel we struggle if a team presses us as we get flappy. When teams sit back and try to counter, It's normally took time and we've normally found a way. Atm though we are struggling in replicating how we've played during the season. Sunderland, Plymouth and Southampton we've not had much rhythm, movement has been poor and there's been a lack of pace and tempo to our play. I think sitting back and playing on the counter has coincidentally worked better for other teams whilst we've been missing key players. 

I think missing Henderson and Matip is massive for us. Matip is such a calming influence and Lovren seems to play better when Matip is alongside him. Henderson dictates the tempo and brings a presence to the midfield. He'll pass a ball with pace and power and it helps to set the tone of the attack. Thankfully we've got Coutinho coming back who'll can create something out of nothing or create some space for himself. Mane will be a miss though.  

We've only lost 3 games all season. All away from home and all wearing that shit toxic thunder kit <_<  Basically its the kits fault.... :shifty:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

We've only lost 3 games all season. All away from home and all wearing that shit toxic thunder kit <_<  Basically its the kits fault.... :shifty:

They look like they should be at a building site

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

We are 3-1 up at half time away at Barnet and currently going six points clear at the top. Looking good at the moment!

Didn't realise you were playing in the cup today :shifty: 

• 2 weeks later...

We have no business being in this still. Southampton have been far better than us. Redmond has been exceptional.

Can has been dreadful, again. Sturridge has been very poor too. I hate how for being a goal scorer/poacher type, he's seemingly never to be found in the box.

I still am wondering how Sturridge missed that volley. Six yards out and you sky it over? That was a sitter.

72 minutes gone, no changes made, Can somehow still on. I love you Klopp, but you consistently wait too long to make subs. So frustrating.