WWE 2K18

Kyle

27 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Oh, regarding mycareer, are you supposed to get trucked by Baron Corbin in training? I threw a punch that missed, and it was my literally him hitting an overhead belly to belly followed by End of Days and that was it for me

I think it's supposed to teach you now there are squash matches.

For me personally this is the first year I've actually been able to do the wheel submission system in both sides of it.

I simulated a Royal Rumble in Universe Mode. Jey Uso won, and challenged for both world titles at WrestleMania.

I thought this was silly, so turned off the world title contention option for both singles championships for The Usos.

I simulate another year, just out of curiosity.

Guess who wins, and challenges for both world titles this time? Jimmy Uso. Of course. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Owen said:

I simulated a Royal Rumble in Universe Mode. Jey Uso won, and challenged for both world titles at WrestleMania.

I thought this was silly, so turned off the world title contention option for both singles championships for The Usos.

I simulate another year, just out of curiosity.

Guess who wins, and challenges for both world titles this time? Jimmy Uso. Of course. :lol:

Apparently the fix for this is to turn off automatic rivalries. That makes no sense at all, but okay.

EDIT: nope, didn't fix it. still broken. ...Why am I the only one that has this problem, yet I've had it for years and years?!?

11 minutes ago, Owen said:

Apparently the fix for this is to turn off automatic rivalries. That makes no sense at all, but okay.

EDIT: nope, didn't fix it. still broken. ...Why am I the only one that has this problem, yet I've had it for years and years?!?

I've simmed a couple of years before i started playing the matches and played a year. Kofi challenged for both titles the first year. But it didn't happen the next two years Brock challenged for only universal as did Rollins.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

So my experience thus far has seen me actually only win one match.  I wanted to just innocently take the Smackdown titles off the Usos, first with Authors of Pain, but failed due to the terrible submission system, which thankfully you can change.  Lets see you tap me out to a Tequila Sunrise now Jimmy!!  It actually took me several attempts with AOP and The Revival to finally beat them.  It seems like your opponents can deal waaay more damage to you, I'll spend 5 minutes tossing them around, beating on them with chairs, etc and then they'll reverse a move, punch me a few times then hit me with a suplex and my health meter matches where theirs are.  Not a fan of that.

That being said, it was still fun, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting my $20 worth.  I really loved that I could create a match on the fly, from the match set up screen.  Now I've got a Tag Team No Holds Barred custom match.  Regular tag rules with DQs and Count outs turned off, so I can have the fun of an extreme rules match without it having to be tornado tag rules.

Play with the sliders a bit - I've found a semi-good balance so far that works for me.

Also - y'all need to try Asuka with Ultimate Warrior's entrance. Her robe blinds her for 60% of it.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Play with the sliders a bit - I've found a semi-good balance so far that works for me.

Also - y'all need to try Asuka with Ultimate Warrior's entrance. Her robe blinds her for 60% of it.

What sliders did you adjust?

I made the reversal rate for them lower because it's crazy at the standard I think - I lowered their strike/grapple damage a bit and I upped finisher damage for us both. Still tinkering a bit here and there but in general, the game USED to never end after one finisher. If you were consistent it was usually after two, and I think they changed the base damage to match that. Trying to find a nice in between is what I'm trying to do now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Owen said:

Since rivalries were more broken than Matt Hardy I'd gotten used to just booking my own shows and merely doing it through Universe mode so that the stats and stuff could be tracked.

I imagine there's a decent chance I'll be doing that again this year.

So, carrying moves, can they only be done on objects? I haven't been able to pull off a regular powerbomb with them it seems. 

I also can't figure out how to dive out of the ring. Tried with Balor and Styles but couldn't get it to work. 

And holy shit, unlocking all the legends is going to be a fucking grind....

3 hours ago, VerBlood Drive said:

So, carrying moves, can they only be done on objects? I haven't been able to pull off a regular powerbomb with them it seems. 

I also can't figure out how to dive out of the ring. Tried with Balor and Styles but couldn't get it to work. 

And holy shit, unlocking all the legends is going to be a fucking grind....

On PS4, I think a dive is running towards the ropes and pressing square. Or storing a finisher, leaning them up against the ropes and pressing R1 + Triangle.

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

I wonder how they get some of the non-WWE entrances in there.

Like ‘International Sensation’ is obviously Tanahashi’s entrance, but like do they have to say to WWE they’re putting it in there? Also has like Shane Strickland and I think Pentagons entrances, among others.

A few of them (Shane Strickland, and others) are in the game because they did mocap for the game. Tanahashi and Pentagon Jr., I dunno, though.

2 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I wonder how they get some of the non-WWE entrances in there.

Like ‘International Sensation’ is obviously Tanahashi’s entrance, but like do they have to say to WWE they’re putting it in there? Also has like Shane Strickland and I think Pentagons entrances, among others.

The Dashing One is in there as well. But I'll be damned if I can make the hood flip - I wonder if I have to use Cody's specific top for that to work.