WWE 2K18

Kyle

I love that glitches video, it's a constant source of pub in-jokes. But I've never encountered a single glitch in the game, and the video makes it clear they're very rare.

In 2k17, I had wrestlers winning and celebrating with titles that neither man in the match held, Hideo Itami's head disappearing into his chest when he took a clothesline, lines of commentary that had no relation to the wrestlers in the match, and wrestlers hovering in mid-air. Without every trying to "glitch" anything.

I am crying with laughter at the glitches video. It's the dead-on impressions that really make it great.

I'm not getting this for a second year in a row, even though the advertising campaign almost made me change my mind. It still baffles me that a publisher can produce two games, NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18, where one is so, so much better than the other.

Picked it and NBA 2K18 up for $40 total because why buy one disappointing game when you can get two?

Haven't done much in WWE, but its creative suite is goddamn ridiculous.  Its got a great roster, and familiar gameplay, so I should find it entertaining to mess around with for a few months before trading it in for something else.

• Like 1

The game would be really good if it wasn't so buggy, IMO. The referee not counting pinfalls is a big one that definitely needs to be fixed soon and, of course, there's a plethora of other bugs and glitches that need to be ironed out before this game is really considered good enough. The new lighting makes the game look really nice, though. That's a solid improvement, and the roster is awesome... but no Arn or Brian Pillman :(

Just now, Skummy said:

Eh, these things happen.

It happens a lot, though, and really it shouldn't happen at all. I think the referee refused to count maybe 4/5 pinfalls in the first match I played.

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Is NBA no good this year?

Its apparently absolutely littered with microtransactions in myplayer and all that online shit that I never actually play.

I'm interested in franchise mode, and they have basically created the greatest version of that in sports gaming history in 2K18.  So unless their usually extremely reliable gameplay has taken a huge drop in quality, I'll definitely enjoy it.

20 minutes ago, Owen said:

It happens a lot, though, and really it shouldn't happen at all. I think the referee refused to count maybe 4/5 pinfalls in the first match I played.

I was joking about my own failings as a ref, but yeah, it really shouldn't be happening in a game at all, that's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I am crying with laughter at the glitches video. It's the dead-on impressions that really make it great.

I'm not getting this for a second year in a row, even though the advertising campaign almost made me change my mind. It still baffles me that a publisher can produce two games, NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18, where one is so, so much better than the other.

NBA 2K17 sales - 8.5m+

WWE 2K17 sales - 3m+

Which one is going to get the majority of the companies resources?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

NBA 2K17 sales - 8.5m+

WWE 2K17 sales - 3m+

Which one is going to get the majority of the companies resources?

WWE games are developed by Yuke's though, so they should really take a fair amount of the blame. I wouldn't say this is all 2K's fault, but if NBA is shit too, then that's totally solely their fault.

I was optimistic when 2k took over, but that anticipation dissipated as soon as I found out Yukes were still involved.  As long as Yukes is involved, they will continue to use elements of a nearly 20 year old engine and the game will only marginally improve year to year, if it improves at all.

I have no doubt 2k could do wonderful things if they were either able to either take a year off to work on a brand new game from the ground up for 2k20.  But that's not going to happen in an era of yearly releases, no matter what the budget is.  Hell Madden barely changes year to year and that's EA's cash cow.