WWE 2K18

Kyle

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

If you told me in 1997 that this was video gaming in 2017, I'd have laughed and then felt bad for the future. 

I love it. I'd like to see things like this on a mock blooper reel, complete with canned studio audience laughter and cartoon sound effects.

• Like 1

Okay so first thoughts...

I did my traditional first random match which was me as Shinsuke vs. TJP. The new lighting system makes everything look pretty awesome and the match played pretty well too. I did it again afterwards and played as Maryse against Bayley which was actually a pretty awesome match and I loved little things like the crowd throwing their hands up at Bayley when she went and did her raising arm taunt at the start of the match.

I dipped into MyCareer and I like that they give you a few options at the start and let you build on that as you go... I'm tired of games that just give you everything off the bat and I'm glad that with games like this and Forza 7 they are letting you actually earn things again. Gives you a reason to go back and play. I haven't tried Road To Glory yet but the Career mode itself has been fun so far... I like the return of being able to walk around and have pointless conversations with everyone.

Everything feels a lot more polished... forgetting about the Showcases and just focusing on this kind of stuff was a great call.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Okay so first thoughts...

I did my traditional first random match which was me as Shinsuke vs. TJP. The new lighting system makes everything look pretty awesome and the match played pretty well too. I did it again afterwards and played as Maryse against Bayley which was actually a pretty awesome match and I loved little things like the crowd throwing their hands up at Bayley when she went and did her raising arm taunt at the start of the match.

I dipped into MyCareer and I like that they give you a few options at the start and let you build on that as you go... I'm tired of games that just give you everything off the bat and I'm glad that with games like this and Forza 7 they are letting you actually earn things again. Gives you a reason to go back and play. I haven't tried Road To Glory yet but the Career mode itself has been fun so far... I like the return of being able to walk around and have pointless conversations with everyone.

Everything feels a lot more polished... forgetting about the Showcases and just focusing on this kind of stuff was a great call.

Which system are you playing on?

17 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Which system are you playing on?

XB1

Akam doesn't like me for some reason and I tried to be nice to Kassius Ohno but he called me a loser. :(

Eric Young thanked me for encouraging him and Rezar said he has enough enemies so we should be friends, so there's that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Apsham said:

XB1

Akam doesn't like me for some reason and I tried to be nice to Kassius Ohno but he called me a loser. :(

Eric Young thanked me for encouraging him and Rezar said he has enough enemies so we should be friends, so there's that.

Oh man, I can't wait to start a career now so I can punch Kassius in his stupid Sacramento King wearing face. 

Hey maybe they make it cool though. Maybe if you beat him he'll say "ya know, you're alright ". Or even if you lose but it's hard fought he'll respect you. 

Maybe that is wishful thinking.

It's kind of an in-between. I've had some longer ones loading up events but the ones that load actual matches aren't that bad. And you barely get any stutter in the create modes now.

I like the game actually teaching you the promo system better. And then telling you that you can either attack other superstars, just win matches, or use the promo to get ahead.

All the walking around backstage. Makes it feel like a much more complete mode.

So there's a new feature  that makes it so a really aggressive start to a match can see an almost instant finisher for one side. I found this out during my dream match of Kurt Angle versus Daniel Bryan.

Clothesline, German Suplex, Triple Germans, Angle Slam

The most exciting Hell In A Cell ever.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Apsham said:

So there's a new feature  that makes it so a really aggressive start to a match can see an almost instant finisher for one side. I found this out during my dream match of Kurt Angle versus Daniel Bryan.

Clothesline, German Suplex, Triple Germans, Angle Slam

The most exciting Hell In A Cell ever.

Kurt finally learned something from his old buddy Brock.

Yeah, when you have a ton of people in a match, there is some serious lag. Haven't tried an 8-man, but even a 1-on-1 with 3 managers is a bit rough.

That being said, my random Universe set up Seth Rollins vs. Killian Dain, so I threw in Nikki Cross, Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe as managers (Eric Young is in a match later in the show). Holy crap it was fun. I was playing as Rollins and Cross kept distracting me, giving Dain some good offense. Everytime I would hit Dian with a big move, the ref would get distracted or pulled out of the ring. Finally had to take out Wolfe, then hit Dain with my finisher to win. Felt like the exact story I was trying to set up - that while Rollins wants to "burn it down", SAnity are the real anarchists. 

Like the little feature where if you are close enough to the ropes, it will let you press "O" to put your foot up.

• Like 1