WWE 2K18

Kyle

It seems like this is the last one they're revealing on Twitter. Hopefully. Don't forget there was also the 'Cena (Nuff) Pack' as well, which is essentially a release date DLC pack (unless you don't pre-order, duh)

8 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Elias? Fuck yeah. 

Was Aleister Black ever mentioned for DLC? Seems weird to leave him out but have Lars in. Wouldn't mind Velveteen Dream either.

No Aleister Black yet. He's probably the last announcement, and if we get extra later then I imagine Velveteen Dream and Andrade Almas will be included. No Arn Anderson, it seems :(

They're going to reveal the packs and pricing tomorrow.

IGN and 2k forums are having a nuclear meltdown screaming about how the $30 deluxe version is nowhere worth it because they went from nearly DLC characters last year to 10.

But it seems clear that today's DLC will be split into at least two packs:  NXT/future stars pack (Drew, Black, Ruby, Elias, Lars) and a legends pack (Beth, Express, Hardys).

I was actually thinking of getting this but certain positions they've taken for no other reason than to milk a few more quid out of everyone means I can't support it in good conscience. Even if they won't miss my money, things like taking the Hardyz out of the game for the sake of making people pay for them is top tier bullshit.

3 hours ago, Nerf said:

I was actually thinking of getting this but certain positions they've taken for no other reason than to milk a few more quid out of everyone means I can't support it in good conscience. Even if they won't miss my money, things like taking the Hardyz out of the game for the sake of making people pay for them is top tier bullshit.

I doubt they were taken out to just be made DLC. Remember, they were in ROH when the scannings took place. I'm unsure of when Ruby, Drew, Aleister, Elias, Lars, and The Hardys were scanned, but it had to be later, thus why they are DLC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skumanoid said:

Any idea why Almas would have asked not to be in? The amount of money they make from video game royalties is insane, would be very odd to pass that up.

Exactly! This is why I don't think it makes sense anyway. Even if he wouldn't have made a load of money for it, what other reasons would he have refused? I honestly can't think of anything. Just seems odd to me.

Also, I know we say it every year (and it's pretty damn early to say it now), and it does apply to this year too, but next year's in game roster might just be crazy good. All the guys we've already got in the game, plus Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, and potentially other guys who have debuted recently in NXT, Andrade Almas, hopefully we get Arn and Pillman back, and Velveteen Dream and surely some other big name for the pre-order exclusive. It's always exciting to watch for the roster reveals for the video games each year.

28 minutes ago, Baddar said:

A recall hearing something a while back about him not wanting to be in, but can't for the life of me find any article on it.

I remember reading about it, but I remember that everyone sourced it as being from a random post on the WWE 2K forums... so it's not exactly a reliable source whatsoever. This could just be a similar situation, as @Arjen Robben mentioned, as when the Four Horsewomen weren't in 2K16 (you know, I completely forgot that 2K17 was their first game...)

Spoiler for size, DLC pack details inside.

Spoiler

About the WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content Offerings*

WWE 2K18 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PS4™ system, Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and Steam for Windows PC: 

Accelerator

• Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
  • Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
  • The Accelerator will be available for $4.99. 

Enduring Icons Pack

• Playable WWE Superstars: The Hardy Boyz;
  • Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
  • The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for $9.99. 

MyPlayer Kick Start

• Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
  • Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
  • MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99. 

New Moves Pack

• Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tie Breaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99. 

NXT Generation Pack

• Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot;
  • The NXT Generation Pack will be available for $9.99.

About the WWE 2K18 Season Pass

Players may purchase select WWE 2K18 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:

• Accelerator;
  • Enduring Icons Pack;
  • MyPlayer Kick Start;
  • New Moves Pack;
  • NXT Generation Pack.

Shame there isn't extra arenas or alt attires or anything extra in the packs to make up for the smaller amount of DLC superstars.

I love the post that stated that Roman's winning animation should just be his opponent raising his arm followed up by:

In your final match in MyCareer, you will be given the task of "Make Roman Look Strong," and he will kick out of all your finishers, then pin you with a single spear. Then a cutscene will play with you raising his arm and saying "Roman, I thought this was my career, but I was wrong. It is truly YOUR career."

• Like 4
  • Haha 4