WWE 2K18

Kyle

I suppose that ECW One Night Stand and WrestleMania 26 will also be part of the DLC? Maybe? So that's something but still not really enough to justify the price tag, I think. Still gonna get the deluxe edition anyway, though...

It's silly though, really. I guess people wouldn't be complaining if they took, say, ten superstars from the in-game roster and had them as DLC instead. People tend to view the two groups in isolation instead of together... I mean, we're getting, what? 30 new people on disk this year. Just gotta deal with it. Sure, the DLC is a little pricey for what is it, but eh, if you aren't interested, then don't buy it...? The 2K forum is super obnoxious right now. No change from the norm then.

14 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Wait so you pay $60 for the game an additional $30 for that stuff? If you're fine paying it, more power to you but that is a bit ridiculous.

Well, you pay $60 for the game and if you want to you pay $30 dollars for that stuff. Or if you're interested in just one of the packs you pay a smaller amount for just that. Assuming that the wrestler packs come out staggered like they have been and are priced as they were, it'll be $7.99 or $9.99 per pack.

I'll probably just get the packs on their own when they come out - don't care too much about the accelerator because it kind of takes the fun out of unlocking stuff in the game and the moves don't really matter all that much either - they'll all just get added in next year into the base game.

2 hours ago, Apsham said:

Well, you pay $60 for the game and if you want to you pay $30 dollars for that stuff. Or if you're interested in just one of the packs you pay a smaller amount for just that. Assuming that the wrestler packs come out staggered like they have been and are priced as they were, it'll be $7.99 or $9.99 per pack.

I'll probably just get the packs on their own when they come out - don't care too much about the accelerator because it kind of takes the fun out of unlocking stuff in the game and the moves don't really matter all that much either - they'll all just get added in next year into the base game.

It's $9.99 per pack.

I think the thing that has people up in arms the most about the roster/dlc reveals is that we gained current day stars, but the amount of legends has decreased and the Season's Pass definitely feels like it isn't as good as 2k17's. The game is going to do fine, but it would have been nice if they talked to us a bit about why Rick Martel is the only legend added this year (not counting Batista and RVD), and why the Season's Pass content seems lesser, but is still priced the same.

It's 2017. Educate and inform your customers.

I will pick up the game, but I will wait until I can do it at a dirt cheap digital price. I don't feel like 2K deserves my $80+ this year, so I'm capping it at $40 for the base game and the DLC. That's what I'm willing to pay for what they've announced, so I will wait for that.

The thing that can make me change my mind though is if Universe mode really did receive a massive upgrade. I doubt it, though.

WWE 2K18 PC:

System Specs

Spoiler

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3550 / AMD FX 8150
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 670 / Radeon HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
  • Additional Notes: At least 2 GB DDR Video Memory

RECOMMENDED:

• OS: 64-bit: Windows® 7, Windows® 8 (8.1) or Windows® 10 (latest updates)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 / AMD FX-8350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 970 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

15% discount on WWE 2K18 and the deluxe edition for PC on GamesPlanet right now for those of us in Europe, Africa and Middle East. The code doesn't work outside of those regions, unfortunately. Just switched my pre-order to that for that £10 off, and AFAIK I get the code when the pre-load comes in.

I understand a lot of the DLC uproar.  I mean it's priced exactly the same as last year but there are way fewer downloadable wrestlers.  Last year you had 28 DLC wrestlers in the Season Pass and that's not even counting the NXT enhancement pack (Nakamura, Jax, Crews) you had to pay for separately unless you got a special version of the game.

This year the number of DLC guys in the Season Pass is down to 10 and it still comes at the $30 price point.  I understand why the DLC numbers went down with the larger on-disc roster, but I think charging last year's prices for it kinda sucks.  $20 probably would've led to fewer complaints.

Or if they kept the $30 price I think one more pack to bring it to 15 DLC wrestlers woud've made it all a lot more palatable.  Usually they come in packs of 5 and there are exactly 5 guys from 205 Live that were left out (Ali, Gulak, Nese, Daivari, Dorado) so that could've worked.  I get why those were the 5 left out initially given they were the least featured guys in the division in the first few months, but people would've downloaded them to complete the roster and get their moves.  Plus any of those dudes who are still around come next spring will probably be in 2k19 so they kinda coulda got a jump start on it by putting them in as DLC this year.