WWE 2K18

Kyle

I remember early on in the series when they jumped from 4 on screen on PS1 all the way up to 8 with Just Bring It.  If you would've asked me how many people we would be able to have on screen 16 years and 2 console generations later, I'd have told you we'd be able to have 20 man battle royals.

Madden and FIFA have 22 highly detailed players on the field at once along with refs and coaches and you don't see framerates crashing wildly.  Although in fairness there's a lot less variety needed in graphics and textures when most of the players are dressed the same.  That's why for as insanely detailed as MLB The Show is, they've never gotten to a point where you can have an All Star Game where every player wears his actual team uniform like they do in real life.

I'm finding it really fun with an odd graphical glitch here and there. I played a few 8 man battle royales and it wasn't unplayable for me either, so I dunno... I haven't come across anything massively game breaking yet and it plays a lot better than the last few years. Load times are a bit ass but I'm hoping that gets patched - it's weird because sometimes they'll feel short to me, other times longer than it should be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Is the whole roster immediately available?

All current stars (main roster + NXT) are available immediately. If you bought the season pass (or got the deluxe edition), you'll have the accelerator and can unlock everyone immediately with that :) 

Basically, all the legends that have been kept in the game. And then the extra arenas as well that would have carried over from previous games and any non-standard belts that would be needed to simulate a current day Universe.

The accelerator itself will PROBABLY sell separately from the season pass stuff for a couple bucks.