WWE 2K18

Kyle

9 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Was it a squash match? I am super glad they added those.

I don't know. I just know I beat the shit out of him. 

Honestly, I really like the little bit I have played. Maybe it helps that I haven't had a new wrestling game in years, but I dig. Dabbled a bit in create a wrestler, that's overwhelming. Doubt I'll be finely tuning guys eye brow heights...

but it is great for those freaks that make great looking CAWS.

3 hours ago, VerBlood Drive said:

but it is great for those freaks that make great looking CAWS.

Already a lot of great stuff out there from what I've heard.  Supposedly some of the really good CAWs are locked out for people who don't have Angle, RVD, or Batista...but there were similar issues that cropped up last year and usually you'll get someone who takes the CAW and removes all of the DLC-related moves so that anyone can download it.

I've only had 3 matches all online against a friend. 

Ohno vs Eric Young which split into two matches. 

Cedric Alexander vs Noam Dar 15 minute iron man which was really fun 

Then the usual MITB clusterfuck we normally do. 

Only real issue I've had so far is the first game split. I've not noticed anything else that would be a major concern. But then again I've only done 3 matches in total all private matches online. 

Other then the one crash i mentioned in an 8 man battle royale and the lag experienced when 8 people are on the screen which turns out isn't every time I'm having tons of fun with this. I got bored of career within an hour but universe has been fun. Referring to the erratic power rankings system after Summerslam and Mania i move people between the main roster and NXT but other then that i let universe do it's thing and just play everything. My favourite so far has been a feud between Ciampa and Balor.

Edited by theshadow
  • Like 1

I enjoyed playing 2k17 the other week. Did a MITB ladder match, me and @Benji see Darren Young win. The game then freezes for us with Young chilling with his briefcase. Somehow, the match carries on for @9 to 5 and @Jericode, who see Roman Reigns win.

Two winners in one match, why have they never done that in real life? It's genius! And fucking stupid. Mostly fucking stupid.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I enjoyed playing 2k17 the other week. Did a MITB ladder match, me and @Benji see Darren Young win. The game then freezes for us with Young chilling with his briefcase. Somehow, the match carries on for @9 to 5 and @Jericode, who see Roman Reigns win.

Two winners in one match, why have they never done that in real life? It's genius! And fucking stupid. Mostly fucking stupid.

Yeah, from all the streams I've seen of WWE 2K games, desyncing is a big problem too.

Never mind that he never actually won the match, I was on the ladder with Reigns throwing punches at each other, then I suddenly climb down (which I didn't tell him to do and had no control over) and he just casually removed it like it's the easiest thing in the world. It was only halfway removed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theshadow said:

Other then the one crash i mentioned in an 8 man battle royale and the lag experienced when 8 people are on the screen which turns out isn't every time I'm having tons of fun with this. I got bored of career within an hour but universe has been fun. Referring to the erratic power rankings system after Summerslam and Mania i move people between the main roster and NXT but other then that i let universe do it's thing and just play everything. My favourite so far has been a feud between Ciampa and Balor.

I messed with mycareer a bit, and yeah it's silly. It's ok, I don't see myself getting too invested in though.

3 hours ago, theshadow said:

Just had my first squash match as Braun against TJP. Breaking out afterwards and using the carry system to powerbomb him out of the ring and then lawndart him into the ring post for added brutality.

How do you use the carry system? I don’t know how to trigger it.

Also, will Angle etc be available in a future DLC pack? As apparently I didn’t get him with my order.

2 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Also, will Angle etc be available in a future DLC pack? As apparently I didn’t get him with my order.

On PS4 its hold R1 and then move the right stick towards them

4 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

On PS4 its hold R1 and then move the right stick towards them

Hold R1 and any direction on right stick seems to work for me. Or if the character has a move that involves one of the carry positions (powerbomb, fireman's carry, on the shoulder or holding like for a fallaway slam) you just hold R1 whilst doing that move.

So my experience thus far has seen me actually only win one match.  I wanted to just innocently take the Smackdown titles off the Usos, first with Authors of Pain, but failed due to the terrible submission system, which thankfully you can change.  Lets see you tap me out to a Tequila Sunrise now Jimmy!!  It actually took me several attempts with AOP and The Revival to finally beat them.  It seems like your opponents can deal waaay more damage to you, I'll spend 5 minutes tossing them around, beating on them with chairs, etc and then they'll reverse a move, punch me a few times then hit me with a suplex and my health meter matches where theirs are.  Not a fan of that.

That being said, it was still fun, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting my $20 worth.  I really loved that I could create a match on the fly, from the match set up screen.  Now I've got a Tag Team No Holds Barred custom match.  Regular tag rules with DQs and Count outs turned off, so I can have the fun of an extreme rules match without it having to be tornado tag rules.

36 minutes ago, Maxx said:

So my experience thus far has seen me actually only win one match.  I wanted to just innocently take the Smackdown titles off the Usos, first with Authors of Pain, but failed due to the terrible submission system, which thankfully you can change.  Lets see you tap me out to a Tequila Sunrise now Jimmy!!  It actually took me several attempts with AOP and The Revival to finally beat them.  It seems like your opponents can deal waaay more damage to you, I'll spend 5 minutes tossing them around, beating on them with chairs, etc and then they'll reverse a move, punch me a few times then hit me with a suplex and my health meter matches where theirs are.  Not a fan of that.

That being said, it was still fun, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting my $20 worth.  I really loved that I could create a match on the fly, from the match set up screen.  Now I've got a Tag Team No Holds Barred custom match.  Regular tag rules with DQs and Count outs turned off, so I can have the fun of an extreme rules match without it having to be tornado tag rules.

I play on easy because I'm terrible. 

But yeah, I switched to the button combo for submissions also because the other mini game is awkward as fuck. 

And the I think the lifting thing is best done with a damaged opponent because they seem to reverse it easily if done early. 

Oh, regarding mycareer, are you supposed to get trucked by Baron Corbin in training? I threw a punch that missed, and it was my literally him hitting an overhead belly to belly followed by End of Days and that was it for me. 

Edit - Oh....22495964_10214337437049577_1880422292765

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4