2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

10 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Harper’s dad threw the next pitch before the ball landed like five times.  Throw the challenge flag, Schwarbs :(

Ah well, only two and a half more months til Harper’s out of the division.

Not so fast, I head he's going to the Marlins. 

So deGrom's agent said that his client would very much like a long-term extension to finish his career in New York, and that if the team is not amenable to that, he'd like the team to explore their options of moving him elsewhere.  Any indecision on their course of action "could impact his relationship with the organization."

He pretty clearly said it with Jake's blessing.  And you know what?  Good for him for telling the Mets to shit or get off the pot.  He's gonna be 32 by the time his contract is up, so it makes all the sense in the world why he's open to an extension while a guy who is still really young like Syndergaard wouldn't be.

No matter how much the team sucks right now, he seems to be willing to ride the rebuild with the team because he truly enjoys being here.  If he spends his career here he may well go down in history as the 2nd best pitcher in team history behind Seaver.  That's how good he's been.  And if the Mets aren't open to committing to a guy like that, they need to let him go now while he has max value.  Letting him just pitch the next two seasons and walk for nothing is simply unacceptable.

I've read more than a few times that the O's have been deliberately stalling because they don't want a deal to be announced until after Manny can represent them in the ASG.

Obviously I don't want this to happen but if he manages to get hurt in a pointless exhibition game that would be the most Orioles thing ever.

Nah if this is anything like last year, they might do it one more time later with a couple of different outfielders but it's not every inning.  They can only talk to outfielders doing something like this.

Anyway, I was really pissed off when I found out they'd be spending Jake's inning talking to Bryce, but at least Bryce actually attempted to talk about Jake.  Even went out of his way to compliment the Mets pitching staff for some reason.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Nah if this is anything like last year, they might do it one more time later with a couple of different outfielders but it's not every inning.  They can only talk to outfielders doing something like this.

Anyway, I was really pissed off when I found out they'd be spending Jake's inning talking to Bryce, but at least Bryce actually attempted to talk about Jake.  Even went out of his way to compliment the Mets pitching staff for some reason.

Wrestling logic says it's to make him look that much more impressive when he rocks them. :P

• Like 1
  • Sad 1