6 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

The Red Sox managed to give up on the season by mid-April.  It's incredible.  Bad defense, sloppy play, a checked out manager, and a budget roster.

Definitely going to be just as bad, if not worse, than last year. :(

The Reds aren't looking much better, sadly. 

MARTE_STARLING_CC_LF_055_copy.jpg

Those are so fucking boring. Not ugly, just boring. Other than the tiny traces of purple there's nothing that shows any Queens character at all.

I honestly think the Yankees having a stick up their ass about City Connect played a part in this design. They have all but said they aren't ever going to do one. And so MLB wanted the Mets to come up with something generic that could be marketed to all NYC baseball fans instead of something unique or interesting. Meh.

• Sad 1

It looks like MLB just forced the Mets to adopt the City Connect they had planned for the Yankees.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If umpires faced consequences, Joe West and Angel Hernandez would have had very short careers.

MLB should have fired that incompetent piece of trash Hernandez after his laughable discrimination suit, but somehow he's still out there fucking up games. Struck out a guy the other day when most of the `strikes' were out of the box.

6 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Aaron Boone just got ejected because of something a fan said. After one batter. And I assure you the umpire will face zero repercussions.

These guys aren’t getting basic human element stuff wrong, they’re getting the most blatant shit wrong and having the biggest egos about it because the union makes them impervious.

Things like this and Angel Hernandez seemingly going out of his way to get every call wrong make me wonder if before the year is done, someone’s gonna lose it and strike an umpire.

On 22/04/2024 at 18:47, The Buscher said:

These guys aren’t getting basic human element stuff wrong, they’re getting the most blatant shit wrong and having the biggest egos about it because the union makes them impervious.

Things like this and Angel Hernandez seemingly going out of his way to get every call wrong make me wonder if before the year is done, someone’s gonna lose it and strike an umpire.

Said Umpire will then rule that it was actually a ball :shifty: 

• Haha 2

I didn't have Jackson Holliday having statistically the worst start to a big league career since Gary DiSarcina in 1990 on my bingo card.  Not even a case of bad luck either, he was making contact with less than 70 percent of the pitches he was swinging at in the strike zone, which is pretty unheard of for a consensus top prospect with a 70/80 hit tool.

He did lace a hard single yesterday and called MLB pitching the first actual challenge he's faced in his baseball career, so he's got the right mindset to sort this out before long.

He's been bad. Constantly going down 0-2 and taking middle middle pitches. I wasn't convinced his power was really there yet and in the modern MLB that becomes a big hindrance. I think he's just overwhelmed himself because of that and is overthinking what he sees.

Colton Cowser was awful last year and look at him now. Gunnar Henderson stunk until June. The majors are tough. Have a lot of confidence in the organization's coaching to target exactly what needs to be targeted to get Holliday rolling again. But as my friend said last year "one of these elite prospects has to be a bust" It's impossible for them all to hit.

• Like 1